XUV500 price hiked by Rs 55,000

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by Dhillon, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

Mahindra has announced a price hike for XUV500 effective from January 1. The company had already hinted that the prices will go up from January by about 3 per cent due to higher input costs and the falling rupee affecting imports. Also the prices offered at the time of launch were introductory prices and were expected to be realign with demand.

The base model of XUV500, W6, will become dearer by Rs 30,000, the W8 will cost Rs 50,000 more and the top-end W8 4X4 will cost Rs 55,000 more from Sunday onwards. The normal industry policy is that the customer has to pay the actual ex-showroom price which is applicable at the time of delivery; however, Mahindra has also announced that the waiting customers will have to pay only 50 per cent of the hike.

[​IMG]

2. johan

johan New Member

Dhillon I think this car deserve that and it was expected also because this car got tremendous opening and already this car will open its booking in January. Thanks for the update here.

3. reneestewart28

reneestewart28 New Member

First of all thank you for the update on the latest information. I totally agree that this luxury SUV with offroad vehicle features completely deserves the rate it is offered for. But this sudden hike was really a surprise and for those who planned for it considering previous budget will be really a bad news.

4. johan

johan New Member

Definitely it will surprise news for those who were planing to get this XUV500. I think the reason behind this hike was the huge booking and demand, Mahindra thought to get more profit.

5. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hehe...i don't think that's entirely the reason buddy, every car maker is debating right now how to handle the increase in the dollar/rupee rate, any international remittances are transferred in dollars and then converted into the local currency..this is affecting all car makers..!

6. johan

johan New Member

Dhhawal I agree with you that the condition of rupee rate is getting down now a days but getting more profit is their main moto. One more update I want to share with you that Ford Ecosport was shown in Auto Expo and believe me this car will be the main rival of XUV500 its sizzling car.

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hehehe...buddy these people are doing business,how can you not expect them to not to be profit oriented?, what i meant was the hike was not without reason