Which Sport bike to buy?

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by gagan_singh, Jan 20, 2013.

1. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

hey all, so im looking to get my first bike in a few months. i have never really driven a bike before but i have been watching ALOT of videos on youtube on how to ride it. what i really want is a honda 600cbr, but thats way to fast and dont think i could handle it yet. so what i think is best option right now is a 09-11 Kawasaki ninja 650r. BTW i will be getting a exhaust as i dont like it all quiet. lol

i DONT care about gas or insurance costs
    i DO care about how it looks and sounds, thus why im looking at the ninja.
    im in Toronto Canada if that makes a difference in whats available.

THANKS!

Attached Files:

2. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

I think u better buy suzuki gsxr600. Its a great bike

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

For the first time rider I wouldn't recommend you buying 600CC bike straight and RR range of honda and GSXR from suzuki comes in super sports range of bikes. they are really high reving engines and can turn the world upside down in seconds.

its not like cars , cars have 4 tyres and airbags to support when you hit something , but in bikes its just air and road no bags (unless ur carrying one)

so i'd say buy a cheap one for first year say a hyosung gtr 250 or kawansaki ninja 250 and then next year go for 600 CC

dnt just get something really fast , you'll regret it.

hope that answers it

650R (L) are restricted power ones if you can get that they are nt bad

4. gagan_singh

i know a few ppl who started off with a big bike and they regret it, any little mistake on those can cause serious problems. my mechanic friend has a 250 cbr but he hates it cause just after a week he already wanted something with a bit more power. thats y i was thinking of getting the 650r. and rahul in canada i was told we dont have the restricted ones. im planning on keeping if i get the 650r for about a year if i like it then maybe even longer...

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

oh yeah different rules over there but i think 650r and suzuki 650F U and Gladius are slightly less powered then super sports range and comes under road bikes.
    try one of those
    dont get CBR RR , GSXR , R6/R1 , ninja zx series.
    just start off with basic ones, the ones you can drop and wont worry abt repairing it

6. gagan_singh

Suzuki GSX650F is a nice bike. im going to look more into it, its a inline 4 thats the only thing im worried about, if its a good starter bike...

7. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

yes its is a good starter bike
    am sure 650F series is restricted power bikes. they dont have that power band in them like super sports. they are pretty smooth throughout their rev range

just that u know u can turbo charge these bikes too

8. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

Kawasaki Ninja 650R is the best option to go for. The performance of the bike is excellent, comfort ride, sporty look. It is the first choice of young generation. A little drawback of Kawasaki Ninja is it requires high maintenance cost.

9. gagan_singh

thanks i looked into the gsx650 and i think it is too fast of a bike to learn on. im actually buying a ninja 650r 2010 with 918km on it. has yoshimura exhaust, sport bars, pazzo levers, grab handles, fender elim, and pro grips... hes selling it for $6250 cnd dollars. considering there are very few of these for sale it is a really good price.

heres the link to the ad, i need to get rid of the sticker he has on the front.
    2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650 - City of Toronto Sport Bikes For Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto Canada.

10. allaboutbike

allaboutbike New Member

Honda CBR300R is sports bike that you wants.it's light weight nature 250cc engine and might weigh 143 kilograms.[​IMG]

11. gagan_singh

i actually ended up getting the ninja 650 same one i posted above. i got another thread with pics in it.

12. allaboutbike

allaboutbike New Member

The latest edition of the bike Bajaj Pulsar 200NS launched in 7th june 2013.The bike’s fans are spread worldwide. Especially, there are thousands of Pulsar enthusiasts in India. They have numerous riding clubs and they regularly go out for excursions.