Which car to buy in India?

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by geet, Jan 25, 2012.

1. geet

geet New Member

I need to buy a car under 1 crore.
    Till now i have 3 in mind: BMW 7 series, Audi A8, Jaguar XJ
    Which one out of the three should i buy and why?
    Also if there is any other good car that is better than the 3 above, please let me know..

2. anks

anks New Member

3. johan

johan New Member

geet you had great price range and all the new cars you mention here are awesome its difficult to say which is not good as all cars are the luxurious cars. I will suggest for the Audi A8 as this car will be better then other cars.

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

BMW 7 series is quite huge for Indian Roads so as the other two. Depending on what in particular you want a car for?
    Is it for a Business purpose , commercial or you want it as an Status symbol?

5. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

Jaguar xf 2012. Damn sexy

6. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

For the type of price range and car types you have mentioned i am assuming that the car would be chauffer driven most of the time.

Audi is the longest which could be a hassle on indian roads but on the plus side it has the best interior and should be the least expensive of the three.

Bmw is the shortest car and Bmw should have the best after sales support as it is from the three the most established brand in India but the interior quality for that price is good but not exceptional.

Jaguar handles the best and has the best power but the interior is not that great.

I would say forget the Jaguar because Audi and Bmw offer far more pleasent and luxurious rides which is what matters in this segement.

If you can compromise a little on interior quality and but want a good after sales repair and support and want a car that is not too long then get BMW.

If you can stick with a longer car in indian traffic then but want a top quality interior and good fuel economy then get the Audi.

I would say if the long length of the car doesn't bother you then get the Audi since it provides you better value for your money then the other two.

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

agree with gtd, he's covered all the points extremely well, but to simplify a bit, i wouldn't put the jag out of the equation because its road presence is far more pronounced than any of the others, its the looker of the bunch, the BMW 7 series is an awesome car however because of the present styling it doesn't really pop out as the best looker..if practicality is on your mind..look no further, this is the car for you, the audi A8 is a wonderful car again though i think the ride could be a tad on the tougher side...its understated and underrated, if that defines your requirement then go for this, i was wondering though..why didn't you include the merc s class?

8. amanrawal

amanrawal New Member

BMW 7 series is good on Indian Zig-Zag road and BMW 7 series engine provide more power so u go for BMW.