Which Car ? Petrol or Diesel

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by Naveen, Jul 15, 2011.

?

Which Car ? Petrol or Diesel

1. Petrol

60.0%
  2. Diesel

40.0%
  1. Naveen

Naveen New Member

I am looking to buy a hatchback for every day purpose.My monthly usage is roughly 600km. Should I go for petrol car or a diesel car ?

Will a Diesel Car make financial sense for that much monthly usage ?

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

600KM ? Is that all

Well if your thinking to buy a hatchback . How much are you thinking to spend. How many people you will be riding along with.
    What is the price range
    Where do you live ( city,country)
    how are the traffic conditions.

3. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

depends on how you think of a car, for me, i only think of running expenses after i buy a car so the diesel seems cheaper to me, but other people who think about how much actually they'll be spending on the whole think a petrol is cheaper if they think of how much they save on the price tag if their yearly running is less than 20k...!

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

true
    personally i dont want a diesel car here in australia cuz they are hell lot of slow as compared to petrol cars plus i drive abt 300-400kms in a month

5. Naveen

Naveen New Member

i was almost sold on diesel but now a friend suggested a CNG car, which is more economical ?
    Diesel or CNG ?

6. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Damn :p man stop listening to others

7. aryanaable

aryanaable New Member

Air conditioning in the diesel fuel vehicles use a lot of energy. If you convert the AC device on, it causes the energy to get redirected to the air compressor for giving off the freezing air into the car. Diesel applications need to perform hard to be able to cover the energy that was missing.

8. johan

johan New Member

Hey Naveen no doubt CNG cars are very economical and will safe huge money as comparison to fuel and diesel but main thing is that the city had enough CNG filling center or not and if you are going for diesel car then I would suggest for maruti swift, skoda fabia, beat.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  9. kevin786

kevin786 New Member

Yes johan is right, it totally depends on how many cng stations are there in your city, if its less then you can try all those cars skoda fabia, Renault pulse, maruti suzuki swift.

10. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

the only thing that happens when you switch on the ac is an electrical clutch gets engaged which drives the compressor, there is no 'freezing air' the compressor compresses a regrigerant, which uses the orifice effect to get the desired air conditioning effect, your fuel efficiency goes down because the corresponding load on the engine increases, in diesel applications in fact the impact is lesser in terms of percentages.....your facts are vague and misinforming, please do your research before posting such theories

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  11. carfuelindia

carfuelindia New Member

Hatchback cars

Hello naveen!
    If you want to purchase hatchback car.First of all you should have to decide your budget.Visit at Gaadi.com it will help to you and resolve query of petrol car or diesel.

12. caraccessories

caraccessories New Member

HI..Naveen
    CNG car is best because of this is reduce the environment impact.According to me Maruti suzuki Ertiga is the perfect car.

13. rajeshsharma

rajeshsharma New Member

Hyundai i20 is the best hatchback small car giving the stunning performance in Indian car market. Everyone like this. This cra is available in both of the variant with price Rs 4.73 lakh*. So, in my opinion you should go with Hyundai i20 car. this is awesome car. for more information and buying a new hatchback car you can Explore the Gaadi.com.