Volkswagen Jetta TSI Petrol 2011

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by Dhillon, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

Volkswagen launched the all new Jetta in India a few weeks back with an aggressive new design and their reliable 2.0 TDI engine under the hood. Now, we have caught the new Jetta on test in India with the 1.8-litre TSI petrol engine. The 1.8-litre TSI mill is already found in the Skoda Laura petrol and recently found another home in the Skoda Laura RS. The engine puts out 160 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque. In the Skoda, the 18-litre TSI returns a fuel economy of 13.37 kmpl with the 6-speed manual transmission. In the Jetta, we expect a similar figure too, however, the 6-speed manual tranny could be replaced with a six of seven speed automatic DSG transmission in the top end version.

We are not sure how well the Jetta TSI will do in the depleting petrol market, but it makes sense for Volkswagen to present a petrol variant to the current Jetta line-up. We expect the pricing of the Volkswagen Jetta 1.8 TSI to be a little under Rs 14-lakh for the base model with the top end variants crossing the Rs 17-lakh mark. Stay tuned for more!

2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hmm...this car is gonna be interesting to say the least, has torque right from turnover and gives decent mileage when you're kind to it, the troublesome aspect however of all vw cars is that they've set the the service inerval at 15000 kms, considering they are high compression engines and india is a dusty place..its a possibly unwise decision..a person i know got his jetta serviced at 15000kms, it was a diesel though, but they ran him up about 19k rs/- as a service charge..i know thats not all that much considering skoda runs you up that much with two 5000km services with a similarly priced car..but i can't help thinking about the health of the engine..

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

whatt the hell 19 k for service
    did they put gold oil in there man