Used Diesel Car For 10+ Years & Under 3 Lakh Budget

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by indicBro, Jan 16, 2013.

1. indicBro

indicBro New Member

Used Diesel Car For 10+ Years & Under 3 Lakh Budget

Before getting the suggestion i need to be cleared on following this:

1.Running KM per day and month {apoxx} :50-70 km/day,1500-2000/m
    2.The car would be in my garage at least for 5 years.
    3.She should be a fuel economic one and a maintenance free which means should not break down very often,may be once in a blue moon.( I know its difficult to say but what Pro thinks?)

My doubts:

1.Will the GOVT of India ban old diesel car for any reason?
    2.If it will be, could we change the parts of the car according to the expectation? Means engine swap to BS 4 OR BS 5 in order to run a car for more years.
    3.If parts become problematic one ,can we alter the set of parts to currently available one.Eg - keeping amby parts in to padmini like tyres,suspensions ect.
    4.If everything is possible can we endorse the car ?

My Classic List Under 1.5 Lakhs:

1.Premier Padmini diesel
    2.Premier 138 D
    3.HM Contessa Diesel
    4.HM Amby
    5.Fiat Uno D
    6.TATA Estate
    7.TATA Sierra
    8.TATA Sumo may be convert to 4x4

My Mid List under 2.5 Lakhs:

1.TATA Indica V1 or V2 or Turbo
    2.Fiat Palio-d
    3.Zen-d
    4.Esteem-d
    5.Petra-d

My Modern list under 3 Lakhs

1.TATA indigo Ls or Marina
    2.Hyndai Accent crdi
    3.Ford Ikon
    4.Lancer
    5.Maruti swift d
    6.Ford Fiesta TDCi
    7.M&R Logan old maodel

Please i want to inform that i more interest in buying classic and convert to current expectation,if it is hard job to do then i have to go for mid range.So please give a detailed review about classic and conversion than the verdict.I am looking forward

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I think you should go for Swift Diesel and Fiesta Diesel, they are pretty good . Accent Diesel have had issues so many times I heard.
    I will never suggest you to get any premier padmini or Ambassador ! they are too old school

3. indicBro

indicBro New Member

OK Your thoughts are modern:),agree that.But what about changing parts means sharing parts from one to other?

Because when i had 118 NE ,one day i really was hunting for the Tyre which i could not find anywhere near by my living place,for that reason i traveled nearly 150 km outstation to purchase it,in fact it was available in one shop in that town.Very sad.So my point is that why can't we borrow the parts from any other car which accessories are available easily.Any Pro's suggestion on this?

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

You need to get the cars that has still parts in productions. Only few cars have these accessories such as sports cars and some famous old vintage cars. NE118 and other old school cars stands no chance :)

I have a 1996 Nissan Skyline ( the one in my signature 2 door) , its a sports car and these cars have alot of aftermarket parts from brands such as Apexi , HKS , Blitz, NISMO, EXCEDY . Same goes for other popular sports cars that was not in production after 2000 ( supra , integra etc)

My point here is , if people are still having those cars and not abandoned companies will make profit on parts and they wil produce :)

its all about demand and supply

5. indicBro

indicBro New Member

Understood.So I should stay away from our old school.Right?Got it.What about mid range car like Esteem-D,Zen-D?Many reviews about these car are also positive.What is your opinion?

6. Jeeva

Jeeva New Member

I will never suggest you to get any premier padmini or Ambassador ! they are too old school

7. indicBro

indicBro New Member

Yes ,you are right,But what about modification?No one is willing to suggest.
    eg-Buying padmini around 50k than changing all the parts from other car to run a car at least for more years.