Tyre Tread Pattern

Discussion in 'Alloy Wheels & Tyres' started by Dhillon, May 2, 2011.

1. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

When getting new tyres for you car do you consider the pattern of the tyre tread ?
    What is the criteria ? What do you look for ?

2. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

when i got performance tires, i looked for size {255/35/zr18}, and tread pattern. oh and company!!

[​IMG]

Dhillon likes this.
  3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

The above tyres do give a good grop but dont forget they make a lot of noise

4. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

Thats quite a good one, I admit, but I have personally found that assymetrical patterns give better ride comfort vis-a-vis performance, I have somewhat of the same tread pattern albeit smaller size, 205/65 r15, yokohama s.drive, grip levels are phenomenal and wet surface grip is even more so, but its at the cost of ride quality, and there is quite a bit of tire roar at high speeds, the side wall is thick and quite unforgiving...:(, thats why it grips well in corners...no pain, no gain

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I have 225 R16 on my stock rims and yesterday it was wet here and i was standing on red lights and green light.. my tyres were spinning like a motor.. am like wt the hells goin on.. then i took of slowly :(

6. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

i dont mind about the noise cause the exhaust and engine is way louder then these. lol

7. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

hahah but they worn out quick too and the way you do donuts they gona last u couple of months only haha