Toyota Etios Liva

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by Dhillon, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

Toyota Etios Liva which is a hatchback version of the Etios, It will rival Maruti Suzuki Swift. The engine options will be same as the Etios sedan, Petrol and Diesel.

Attached Files:

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

ewww ugly back

3. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

why do small economical cars have to be ugly???

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

no idea man! saving money?

5. automobile planet

automobile planet New Member

Toyota had a great chance to create a beautiful product in India. Since Etios was designed for India, Toyota could have designed very well right from the scratch. Also the company is targeting young customers as shown in the Ad. I doubt young Indian guys would get attracted towards Etios Liva.

AutomobilePlanet

6. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

second that man...but the sole reason why the etios will sell is its price...look at it thisaway...the alto isn't much to look at, neither is the santro for that matter...but they still do very well inspite of being the most outdated models...i think what toyota wants is penetration of their brand, and i think with this car...they will get it..!

7. automobile planet

Alto and Santro are different segment cars. Toyota is aiming Etios Liva to compete in the B Segment category. This means Etios Liva should compete against sporty and refined Swift. What I meant to say was, Toyota could have made Etios Liva little more stlyish as it was designed from the scratch for India.

Who says Etios Liva is cheap? It is just Rs. 10,000 cheaper than the petrol Swift which is negligible. The serious battle only starts when the diesel Etios Liva will be launched. I am sure Toyota cannot price their diesel Liva Rs. 50,000 less than its closest competitors

8. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

i guess i should have elaborated...its cheapest for what its offering...essentially its a big hatch like the swift is..and more importantly, its toyota's cheapest car in india(presently)...!

when i was refering to the santro or the alto, what i wished to highlight was the fact that in their respective segments they sell well because they offer good value for your money!

and let me elaborate a lil more...a car's success rate is not determined by how cheap it is..but also what its offering for the price

if price was the only factor i think the nano would have been the best selling car of all time

...and i think similar to the polo..this won't be a raving success but it will sell reasonably well..!

9. automobile planet

I agree with you that Etios Liva will sell in good numbers. What I was referring to was the design of the Liva. Toyota could have designed it much more prettier as it will compete with some of the good looking cars.

We will still have to wait for the Etios Liva diesel which is the vehicle to take on the competition.

10. carsingh01

carsingh01 New Member

The smart looking Toyota Etios Liva will be loaded with 1.2 Litre MPFI Petrol Engine. This engine is expected to churn out utmost power of 80 Bhp which gives enormous pulling power for the car. All the models of Toyota Etios Liva will have great Pulling power.

11. Arun Malhotra

Arun Malhotra New Member

The superb car backs out on certain potential aspects. These include its looks which might be liked by some but others might be not that interested in its looks. There is no doubt that Toyota has taken good effort to make Liva’s interior a sportier one but the cabin lacks plushness.

12. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

Toyota Etios Liva is designed, keeping in mind the Indian customers and every detailing shows the efforts taken by engineers. This hatchback comes in two variants petrol engine and diesel engine. Toyota Etios Liva Diesel price starts at Rs 5.5 lakh. The city mileage of Toyota Etios Liva Diesel is 20.32 kmpl while it returns a mileage of 23.59 kmpl on the highways . It also has a fuel tank capacity of 45 litres. The Etios Liva petrol gets all the safety features airbags and ABS, however, this is an optional package on the diesel version. The interior of Etios Liva is roomy and spacious. But only disappointment is that it is plastic quality.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  13. rajeshsharma

rajeshsharma New Member

Toyota Etios Liva is not a very stylish and good looking. Rather, Maruti Swift is much better. Liva could have been made much stylish.

14. Car Lover

Car Lover New Member

Now,I think the sale of liva increased.

15. rajeshsharma

rajeshsharma New Member

The Toyota Liva is an extremely popular car in India; the car’s eminent figure has made Toyota introduce the Liva Toyota Racing Development (TRD) Sportivo. Toyota has garnished the interiors of the Liva with new refreshments to heighten the figure of the Etios Liva. It has stylish looks and improved interiors.