Top 5 Japanese Car Mods

Discussion in 'General Maintenance' started by Codename.47, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Top 5 Japanese Car Mods

Your Japanese import is a hot ride for many reasons, but none of them have to do with your stock equipment. It really all comes down to the big and small extras you end up installing on your ride to give it the killer look you want. And, Japanese car mods are essential to stepping up your performance level behind the wheel. Ultimately, performance upgrades are a must in order to get the most out of your car and your driving experience.

Upgraded Exhaust System
    [​IMG]

-Your car’s tone and timbre are important. And, with an upgraded exhaust system installed on your ride, you get a sound that’s unparalleled from those other cars rolling off factory lots. Performance car mufflers provide those rich tones you’re looking for especially if you need a new Acura exhaust.

Cold Air Intake Systems
    [​IMG]

-Cold air intake systems ramp up your ride’s performance levels by lifting those gains in horsepower and torque to new levels. They’re perfect for all kinds of vehicles. And, if you’re looking for a 350z cold air intake , you definitely have your priorities straight. What’s more, many people find a lot of satisfaction in a K&N intake.

Performance Chips & Tuners
    [​IMG]

-Unleash the hidden power in your vehicle by selecting from an array of performance chips and tuners. Those factory settings often rob you of feeling bigger gains and a greater sense of command from the driver’s seat. With car tuning chips, you make the call and select options based on how you want your engine to perform.

Performance Brake Pads & Rotors
    [​IMG]

-When the weekend hits and the track calls your name, a new set of brake pads and rotors are always a hot ticket install. Performance brake pads are meant to absorb the wear and tear you put on your ride through hard driving, while a set of drilled rotors are a perfect way to keep those pads cools under pressure.

Upgraded Shocks & Springs
    [​IMG]

-Get a better handle on the road with a set of upgraded shocks and springs. A big time player in this market is Eibach. Not only is it a name synonymous with success, but equipping your vehicle with a new set of Eibach shocks & springs is a smart decision. While you’re at it, consider a set of auto seat covers to liven up your interior.

2. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

springs, intake and exhaust are the most common imo. dont know much people who upgrade brakes, and tune there car.

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

i havent upgraded my breaks and suspension

i got intake and exhaust done :p

4. gagan_singh

i did all of them already!! lol

5. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

@ rahul, the suspension system on the skyline is quite complex as it is, but it is a genuine sports car, so the suspension is already set up for handling and grip, on the other hand people who do head for the suspension upgrades head for adjustable dampers and springs so that when they go to a track they can set up their cars for track use, i.e for grip and cornering ability, however as ayone will tell you that makes the cars ride bumpy and uncomfortable, which makes it unsuitable for road use, also, while installing the dampers, you should really know what you're doing because improper installation can result in extremely unpredictable steering, and vehicle dynamics, not to mention uneven tyre wear..!

brakes are again very important, my best guess(not from personal experience) but from what i have heard n read is its best to go for a hybrid(steel-ceramic composite), you can also go for carbon-ceramic, carbon-titnaium ones but i have been told that they are firstly, they are too expensive, secondly they completely lack feel(braking force feedback), though they are virtually fade free..!

the easiest way to extract more power from your machine is to go old school, polishing the head, polishing the headers, shaving the head, go for a mildly modified ecu remap, this is the cheapest and best way to make your car go faster..

1 person likes this.
  6. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Gagan. your a rich man :p

Dhhawal bhai yes you are right about skyline that it has already a stiff suspension. Like the chaser we had it had TEIN coilovers and it was definitely low but then it was WAY TOO ROUGH for a ride like that.

Breaks are important too but they are expensive if you compare normal breaks and then try to browse Brembo ones they are for couple of grands.. that would suit for person who is into drifting and all but for day to day driving isn't a good idea

7. gagan_singh

im not rich, parts for this car are cheap. 300zx 4 pot caliper, pads and routers with lines=$300. Megan coil overs are 800{fully adjustable}. the full turbo kit plus extras under 2k. that is basically it.

8. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

still a lot of money man