Tips for Tyre Maintenance

Discussion in 'Basic Guides' started by Dhillon, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

• It is very important to ensure that your tyres always have the correct air-pressure. This small check itself not only prolongs the life of your tyre but also improves fuel consumption. The air-pressure should be ideally checked when tyres are cold, since tyres that have been driven for sometime build up heat inside, and will show incorrect pressure.
    • All tyres do not wear uniformly. Hence they should be rotated (i.e. their positions interchanged) as recommended in the owner's manual. Rotation may be done between the four tyres or between all five tyres (i.e. the spare tyre too).
    • Check for a specific pattern of wear-patches on your tyres. This indicates that the suspension may not be proper, and is hitting against the tyres at specific points causing scuffing.
    • Pulling of your car to either side means that either insufficient air-pressure or that the wheel-alignment of the car is faulty.
    • Regularly check the tyres for small stones and metal pieces that may get lodged in the grooves.

Attached Files:

2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

Good stuff...i would also advise that people with assymetrical tyre patterns(which are usually rotational), should only rotate by changing the front tyres of each side with their respective rear counterparts, in the case of a staggered set(rotational), each tyre will be unique so don't even bother...!

3. jonhmartin734

jonhmartin734 New Member

Wheel alignment – which is a steering wheel's tendency to return to dead centre after the driver turns a corner, therefore impacting on the tread of a tyre

4. callumpowel

callumpowel New Member

During maintenance of your wheel you have to be careful of its alignment. Otherwise this single mistake may lead you a big accident. If you don't have idea about it then do this work with expert who have complete knowledge for it.

5. uthra

uthra New Member

Tyres are an pricey part of automobile maintenance & you require to get as much mileage as feasible out of them before you need to replace them.

6. youngisthan

youngisthan New Member

I read much about cars maintenance but hardly come across tyre maintenance tips, thanks for sharing this useful info.

7. aa3

aa3 Super Moderator

I use a directional tyre so this is not the correct thing to do for directtional tyres. But for asymmetrical tyres, this is the best thing to do.

Thanks for sharing this useful info!

Drive Safe,
    aa3.