Tell the Maintenance of Companies

Discussion in 'General Maintenance' started by alcatraz, Jan 18, 2012.

1. alcatraz

alcatraz New Member

My research through various blogs and sites gave me information that skoda cars have very high maintenance. Is that true?
    Also please tell me the maintenance about Toyota, VW, Chevy, Ford.

2. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

Skoda vw nd audi are diffrent name under same management. My friend own a skoda nd vw jeeta. Maintaince is high in some cases as they call vehicle for service after 5000 kms. But spares are expensive as vw charge 4,000 rs for wheel alignment. But after 5000 km service cost around 6,000 rs. Toyota is bit cheap in spares. Chevy is gud in keeping its maintaince cost low rest depends on ppls persnl xperince

3. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

@alcatraz...i understand what you're talking about, and it is true to an extent...companies like skoda, m&m and even hydundai have higher maintainence costs mainly because they are offering much more value for money as far as their products are concerned as anybody will tell you that skoda cars are well made, are quite robust and solid but since these companies don't earn as much from the sale of their vehicles they concentrate on earning a major portion of their revenue from the aftersales services, thats why they focus very sharply on not letting spares being easily available for their products in the open market...i'll give you an example, the santro in sales is only second to the alto..and yet even if you have to buy a clutch cable..you won't be able to find it at your local mechanic or even a shop which deals in spares..you will have to head to the service station...howeve for the alto...you can find its spares at every nook and corner