Swift VDi or Swift ZDi

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by Dhillon, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

I am planning on getting the diesel swift but can't decide between the two trims. ZDi is about 80k more than VDi

If I go for VDi with ABS I can choose the Head Unit, Alloys,tyres and some other stuff.

With ZDi everything will be stock and the car will look like every other ZDi on the road. but with air bags and some other stuff possibly better bang for the buck.

So which one should i go for ?

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Dhhawal bhai can suggest :/

3. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

this is wrong .47, i live in india and i tell you what to buy when you're in aus, so why is it that you can't tell us what to buy?:p

@dhillon, for me i mean, the price doesn't justify the difference, besides i thnk you'll be better off getting your car looking a lil different than the rest...!:) i'd go for the VDi

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

not sure about different engine variants of India
    Its different here
    they have normal and sports model here
    in here Suzuki Swift has
    GLX - 1.4 Litre
    RS415 - 1.5 Litre
    RS416 - 1.6 Litre
    They all are petrol variants none diesel so I wont be much of help

5. Dhillon

the price difference may seem a lot but but when you add stuff to VDi, it come close.

ABS @ 20k + Alloys/Tyres @ 25k + stereo system @ 15k is 60k, and the ZDi badge, airbags and some other stuff for 20k isn't much.

Also OE wheels can be swapped with after market ones by paying just a little extra.

guess I am going for the ZDi

6. Dhillon

@ Rahul In India swift comes with Fiat's diesel engine. Its quite decent for a family car.

7. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

bhaji
    I would suggest pick up the model that has power mirrors / air bags/power windows
    and dont worry about alloys and stuff because adding a decent aftermarket ones wont hurt.
    Get your own headunit I bet it wont cost 20 k for a decent one to add yourself