Subaru WRX Sti From Japan

Discussion in 'International Automotive Scene' started by Codename.47, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Subaru WRX Sti From Japan

Source:Speedhunters.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like all "tuned by STI" models the Impreza A-line I borrowed received a comprehensive selection of upgrades to help fine tune it into more of a driver's car, adding sharpness and more focused dynamics. There are two versions available; one a manual with the stock 303 HP EJ20, which gets a faster responding twin scroll turbo upgrade...

...and the automatic version, which gets the higher capacity 296 HP EJ25 motor. The EJ25 might be the lazier of the two powerplants but has a flatter torque curve, offering up 258 lb/ft anywhere from 2,800 rpm to 6,000 rpm. The 2-liter manual has a more savage delivery, with a max of 317 lb/ft available at 3,200 rpm. But it was the A-line I wanted to sample as STI did a great job in trying to retune the old torque converter 5-speeder into a faster shifting modern-style transmission and on top of that I'd never driven and auto version of the WRX STI.

During my time with the A-line Impreza tS I had the chance to experience it as it was my own car, driving it around through grueling Tokyo traffic, taking it on the highway for a long drive and throwing it around challenging mountain roads. It quickly became apparent I was probably driving the most easy to live with Impreza WRX STI; its firm suspension precise and communicative but at the same time compliant, the auto transmission easy to live with during normal driving but with a sportier edge when the occasion called for and the engine, powerful but at the same time economical if driven conservatively. The looks are something that I really liked about car. I'm glad the huge rear wing was removed form the A-line version, the small lip spoiler adding a little maturity to the blistered-fender-dominated exterior
    By Speedhunters

2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

i like it..!

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I just dnt understand the concept of CARBON FIBRE roof

4. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hehe...they say it saves upto eight kilos of wieght...and so it also brings down the centre of gravity...i don't need to say that this is only for trackday or race specials..quite impractical for people who want to use their cars everyday..!

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

yeah
    when they put carbon fibre roof they put bigger front lips rear lips and all that. does that really help

6. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

well yeah it does...it give you most of the advantages of spoilers without having the main disadvantage, you get high speed stability, and the diffuser helps in the corners, but i mean again i would say its very impractical unless its strictly for track use..!