Skoda India

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by pranab, Nov 3, 2011.

1. pranab

pranab New Member

Sedan cars always gives royal and luxury looks to a car. New sedan car is going to launch soon in India i.e. Skoda Rapid.
    Company yet not disclosed the price of Skoda Rapid but it will fall in the range of Rs 7 to 9 lakh. This car will be launch in this month.

It is expected that Skoda Rapid will come with some advanced safety features like ABS, EBD, Airbags, central locking, pretension, etc. Well this time I am unable to collect more information about the features, it will be disclosed at time of its launching.

2. geet

geet New Member

It is really a luxury car. I have seen some information about Skoda Rapid that Skoda Rapid is expected to have some inetrior features like dual tone upholstery, centralized console, audio system, tilt steering, spacious legroom and headroom etc.

Source: Skoda Rapid from CarKhabri.com

3. anks

anks New Member

Hi geet,
    Some of the information has leaked about Skoda Rapid. Skoda Rapid will launch with its 4 variants of Petrol model and 3 variants of diesel model.

Skoda Rapid Petrol Variants:
    Skoda Rapid Petrol Active
    Skoda Rapid Petrol Ambition
    Skoda Rapid Petrol Elegance
    Skoda Rapid Petrol Elegance AT

Skoda Rapid Diesel Variants:
    Skoda Rapid Diesel Active
    Skoda Rapid Diesel Ambition
    Skoda Rapid Diesel Elegance

4. johan

johan New Member

Hi geet

I want to share some update information of Skoda Rapid that, Rapid the new sedan from Skoda India has decided that it will come to fore on November 16th, 2011. Price range Rs 6,70,000-Rs 9,20,000.

Skoda Rapid has both petrol as well as the diesel variants. The diesel Skoda Rapid is powered with 1.6 litre of TDi with 1598 cc displacement unit that produces 105 PS of power along with 250 Nm of torque. On the other hand, the petrol variant of Skoda Rapid comes with 1.6 litre-1598 cc of MPI unit, which churns out 105 PS of power together with 153 Nm of torque. This engine is more powerful than rival Honda City which has displaces only 1497 cc under its hood.

The diesel version has 5 speed manual gearbox whereas the petrol version have 6 speed automatic gearbox choice with a 5 speed manual gearbox option. Skoda Rapid petrol can be expected to deliver 12-14 kmpl from the automatic version. The Diesel engine might get you 13.4 kmpl under extreme driving conditions; while around 16 kmpl will be possible in routine running.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014