review:: JEEP SRT8(JEEP MAKE IT HEMI SHAKE IT)

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by singh-a-lion, Jul 21, 2011.

1. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

[​IMG]

In many ways, the Jeep Grand Cherokee is one of the best vehicles in Chrysler's lineup. Along with the Wrangler, it packs real off-road capabilities into an angular, no-nonsense body. It's an authentic Jeep, first and foremost, and makes no excuses for being anything another than a full-fledged SUV.

Then there's the SRT8 version.

This is what happens when you let the hot-rod mavens at SRT play with time-honored Jeep tradition. Over the last decade, many manufacturers have created high performance SUVs and crossovers, but this beastie is the only one available with a HEMI.

[​IMG]

The Jeep SRT8 gets visual and functional enhancements inside and out, turning this off-road animal into a true street performance machine. As soon as you lay eyes on the SRT8, it's clear this is no directionless Compass. The body sits one inch closer to the ground with 20-inch forged aluminum wheels at each corner, wrapped in Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires with 255s in front and 285s at the back. Inside those massive hoops are four-pot Brembo calipers grabbing 14.1-inch front- and 13.8 rear rotors, all vented for better cooling.

Like its SRT8 brethren built on the LX platform, the Grand Cherokee SRT8 gets a heart transplant thanks to the high-output, 6.1-liter HEMI V8. The important number with the HEMI is 420, as in 420 horsepower and 420 lb-ft of torque. This is a classic American muscle-car engine with a throaty growl and gobs of torque anywhere in the rev-range. It's not especially sophisticated by modern standards, with a single cam-shaft sitting in the valley of an iron block
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

0-100 kmph
    in 4.6 seconds
    maximum speed 280kmph

faster then Porsche Cayenne Turbo S which do
    0-100 kmph in 4.8 seconds

gud thing its beastly sound,,,wen i press acc....i feeel like i m king of the road...
    bad thing is it just go upto 280kmph
    i want it to doo more like 350+

handling is superb!!
    milage is around 5-6kmpl
    its ok with milage only just wid speed,,i m speed lver

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

good stuff

whey do u want 350+ . Flying a plane? :p might just get a F16 hehe
    good review
    how about maintenance?

3. singh-a-lion

350+ i just lv to do dat. Wana shw bugatti. Der r sum cheap things vich can go close to it lol. I m a speed lover dats it. Dats y i want it to do more....
    Maintaince is ok.
    Need to b servicd evry 15,000 kms. Thnx to synthetic oil lol. I hardly changed any part. Just the regular parts like oilfilter. Aircleaner. Spark plugs. Once der was a prob with sunroof. It closes automatically. Den dey plugin a laptop thing in it den dey scaned whole jeep. Den dey cum to knw dat its rain sensor is nt working properly. It detects rain in sunny weather nd closes sunroof dey fixed it for free coz have xtended warrenty upto 7 years nd unlimited kms. Paint gurantee is of 10 years.

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

15000KMS thats a lot

i heard most of the cars u have to get serviced every10000kms isnt it

yeahh thanks to ECU made the work lot easier. You can plugin a laptop on my skyline too easy stuff. I recently replaced AFM Sensor and O2 sensor

5. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

Good share man..! i have always loved the hemi..!

6. singh-a-lion

yea 15000 km
    its gud to make more out of it

7. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

What spark plugs do you have in your car?