Renault Duster

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by Dhillon, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

Renault Duster the new car is confirmed to make its debut on the Indian roads by the mid 2012.

Speculative price of the Renault Duster could start from Rs 7 lakh to Rs 9 lakh for the 2 and 4WD versions.

Renault Duster is equipped with Nissan's 1.5 L diesel engine.

Attached Files:

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

front looks bit bumpy and grumpy

3. deep

deep New Member

it will be a hit if its really priced between 7-9 lakhs

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

bhaji renaults arent too big if you have seen them . they are like small suvs

5. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

yep they are..infact this is not really a renault at all..its a Dacia, from Romania..the company also has other popular products already in the market with the renault badge...the Logan(in India), the Sandero, but i really do doubt if it will do well....i think its gonna share the same engine as the Nissan Micra..but the performance is not gonna be notable...its gonna be heavy and slow

6. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

Its a small 5 seater SUV, pretty pointless in my opinion.

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hmm..you do make a good point, but I mean if we really look at it, even if you buy an innova, which can seat seven people in relative comfort you rarely ever do carry seven people all at once..you might be using the space to store and transport stuff..but what the innova has going for it is its beautifully balanced chassis, ride and rev happy engine, which inspite of having a 2.5L only develops a 100hp and 200nm of torque..now i know its not that much..but the torque is available from turnover and the band is wide and flat owing to its small turbocharger so it never feels underpowered, its economical as well..the duster will neither have the space..nor the grunt, so what you end up with is a hugely expensive SUV with none of the advantages and seemingly all of the drawbacks