Question about I20 CRDI Mileage

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by crescendo, Jul 30, 2012.

1. crescendo

crescendo New Member

In 25 ltr Diesel. I drive 300km in city. Can any one tell, how can get more mileage.

2. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

If u use ur car more on highways it will give u 16+ but in city it depends upon gear shifts,trafics Try to run ur car on low rpm to improve milage

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

depends on your foot :)
    your less throttle etc etc

4. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

modern diesel's are very sensitive to the quality of the diesel going into your tank, and of keeping your air filter clean, cleaning the air filter is a fairly easy task, try some other fuel stations alternatively and see if your mileage improves, kerosene is the most commonly used diesel fuel adulterant and it cannot be detected unless you can measure the density of the fuel itself, by my estimation your vehicle should at least return you a figure of 14 or above

5. crescendo

crescendo New Member

But company said it will give 20 after first service.

6. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

company claims are nothing but hot air, they are nothing to go by, besides like i said, try different fuel stations to see if they make a difference, diesel adulteration is widespread, the cleanest fuel will reward you with the best mileage

7. visvashthakur

visvashthakur New Member

depends on your use of car..If u use ur car more on roadways it will provide u 16+ but in town this will depend upon equipment changes,trafics Try to run ur car on low rpm to enhance milage