Nissan LEAF!!!

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by johan, Dec 17, 2011.

1. johan

johan New Member

Hi all

Here is fresh new from the Nissan corner that new hybrid car Nissan Leaf !!! was on the road test and got some review I am sharing with you all..
    Now as Nissan looks ahead for its Indian prospects it also wants to flex its muscles and the best way it can to this is by bringing two of its car models that have earned name for themselves across the globe.

Yes Nissan is showcasing the iconic GT-R sports car and the Zero Emission Leaf (Electric Vehicle) at the Auto Expo 2012 and we were among the few lucky people who got to drive the Nissan Leaf in Delhi before it’s shown at the Auto Expo.
    Nissan is pulling up its socks and perfectly aligning itself for the Auto Expo 2012 for which the countdown has begun. Nissans story in India has been one with lots of ups and downs. The lovely SUV X-Trail and elegant luxury sedan Teana brought in India as imported cars did not fill the coffers for Nissan in India.

Although both the vehicles have a lot of potential in them, they are not able to capture customers as expected. Then Nissan’s small car-the Micra changed the situation and Nissan got into full flow with both the Petrol and Diesel selling well in market. The latest entrant Sedan from Nissan-the Sunny bettered the fortunes for Nissan with the recent inclusion of a Diesel version to the lineup.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I am a skyline fan and when you talk about GT-R , it is actually a skyline with different badge now :D

LEAF is a dream :p for india

3. johan

johan New Member

Hi Codename
    See I think Nissan leaf will be soon introduce in India as now a day's every body is paining to launch their hybrid car so I think Nissan will also do same.

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Yeah I know what your talking about . But in India see the sales figures and see how many hybrids get sold here?

If you see some good numbers in the sales only then you can imagine

5. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

the leaf is a good concept..there's no doubt about it, a lot of energy and innovation led to its birth, but right now niether the concept nor the infrastructure is ready for the absorbtion in the present economic climate, more than that...you have to remember where this electricity is coming from, if its coming from a renewable source of energy like windmills or hydel power stations, its a different thing, but if its coming from a thermal power station which burn fossil fuels to produce power then defeats the very purpose of running your car on 'clean' fuel, and lets not forget that the battery themselves are not environmental friendly, it contains a lot of nickle which anybody with half a brain will tell you is quite wasteful to extract and also produces a lot of poisonous and non-eco friendly by products, right now the only way forward for eco friendly cars is hydrogen fuel cell, which i hope in a few years will garner momentum as a healthy alternative to eco friendly vehicles

6. johan

johan New Member

Hi Dhhawal
    I appreciate your post but I think it would be better to use hybrid car and utilizing renewable source of energy like water rather then using car which consume petrol and diesel which are nonrenewable source of energy. Smoke coming out from diesel car also pollute the environment. See my point of view is that we will be polluting our environment in both the case but we have to choose the best way in which we will have less loss and less pollution.