Nissan 350z : Stanced

Discussion in 'International Automotive Scene' started by Codename.47, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Mods:
    Injen cai,
    Nismo clutch
    a custom Stillen true dual exhaust
    JDM Proper 330mm shift knob
    Veilside front lip,
    Chargespeed side skirts,
    JP Aero rear diffuse
    SMA coilovers
    SSR Gartmaiers Wheels

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      862.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      315.1 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      132.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      81.9 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      114 KB
      Views:
  2. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

too low for my liking. sideskirts are scraping the ground.

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

thats how you guys like :eek:

i mean canadians and americans call it stanced

in australia one word for it ILLEGAL

4. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

this one is a bit overkill imo. this one for sure, this guy will not be able to get out of his driveway. guaranteed :)

5. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

ideally i think when a car like this is prepared for just the way it looks..it should have hieght adjustable suspension to avoid damage to the body panels/sideskirts what have you, that it can look like this anytime you want plus you don't sacrifice usability

6. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

alot of people have those adjustable suspensions
    I saw in the melbourne airport parking . this chrylser 300 C was touching the ground. Its like they have some hydraulic suspension i guess . the one you can control . (WWE )

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

yep, hydraulic is used too, but pneumatic is more prevelant..especially where large adjustments are concerned

8. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

some one can post about this? i guess gagans mate might have it :p

9. gagan_singh

actually i have it on my car :) im running megan SS coil overs!! lol i lower my car all the time. got my fenders rolled yesterday so im gonna put in the new upper control arms and drop the car a bit more.

10. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

Noob question. How does this whole ride suspension thing work. What are coilovers and can you change the height of your ride with them at will?

11. gagan_singh

thats a good question lol. most people dont know about them. coilovers are sorta like the stock springs and shocks. but these ones u can adjust the height of the car with. u jus have to spin the bottom and the coilover gets smaller so the car gets lower.

the coilover is in the middle at the top {the spring and that whole assembly is all the coilover}. only pic i could find of it on my car lol

Attached Files:

12. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

you need to change the ride height according to type of use of the car

if your racing you need more stability then car bubling and jumping at each corner so u make sure it stay close to the ground

new GTR has this in built you press a button it adjusts its own ride height

13. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

true that, for adjusting the the suspension you have to take off the wheels, the main advantage of a pneumatic suspension by changing the pressure of air in the bellows encased within the damper body, by doing so it can alter the behaviour of the suspension and also raise/lower the car at will by just letting out air or conversely pumping more air in it...what we don't realise is this technology is quite old..Mercedes Patented it for their Airmatic suspension, which was quite infamous, also most supercars like Ferrari Lamborghini Porsche etc, have been using it for quite some time to improve the handling of their cars without effecting its ride, the supercars also have a Nose-Raising option so that you don't scrape it on speed bumps which is also accomplished using this function, however its not all good good..because pneumatic suspension systems are extremely expensive to own/repair and there have been reports of pump failure, and inconsistent life of the rubber silicone belows owing to ageing and change in operating conditions..

14. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Good to know
    I thought they were introduced recently (looking at those WWE cars)

Also I agree it would be not that good option then a coilovers cuz this one does sound too many electrical components that can just fail at times

15. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

it might sound strange...but manufacturers were much more progressive and open to experimentation in the 60's and 70's than they do now(i don't blame them because they had a lot more freedom to do whatever they wanted) the original Hydro Pneumatic suspension was invented by Citreon in 1954, which was even more complex than an Airmatic, i'll make a thread soon to discuss all of them at length..this thread is about a stanced 350z :D

16. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

hashah i guess we should open a new thread regarding this

Citreon still makes the best Fluid suspensions anyways