Nissan 240 SX Tuned

Discussion in 'International Automotive Scene' started by Codename.47, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Nissan 240 SX Tuned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

looks sick and LHD!!any specs on this? most likely this dude is running a sr20. my friend had the same one but in white and less stuff done look wise.

Attached Files:

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

no idea abt specs :p probably 2.4kouki

4. gagan_singh

if it is a 2.4 then he got the same motor as me and he got the turbo setup!! this motor can produce 1000+ horsepower and run less than 8 second on the quarter mile when its fully built up!!

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

dnt !!! no need that much man .

6. gagan_singh

in order for me to do that i need a $50,000 in my pocket to spend on just the engine. let alone the car!! if i build this one then im gonna build it to 500 whp. and im gonna run like 375-400 whp. its my daily car so i dont want to go to much past that. 400whp is enough to take on most cars on the street. a 98 240sx only weighs 2750lbs, so its really light weight.

7. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

thats decent man
    stock skylines are at 180 killowatts mine is bit modified am not sure how many killowatts does it have at 7psi

chaser was 205 KW at 12psi

8. gagan_singh

are u considering the exhuast and intake as the upgrades? intake will give u max 2hp, i did my research. they might say like it gives 10hp but i dont. and exhuast on most cars reduces the power by a couple of hp. there's more free flow and less back pressure and the car is not tuned for it so that reduces it. they did a dyno test for the exhuast and intake stuff and proved it.

9. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

@gagan,

thats true, it has to have a tuned length, bolt ons are usually good to look at, besides lower back pressure will result in wearing out of the crown of the piston as well as the piston rings..! for a performance exhaust to work well, the exhaust back pressure is extremely important...as is the spacing of the exhaust pulses, wrong combination of the cat back and the muffler can have over-reaching reprucussions...!

10. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

so does that mean turbo does the damage too?
    because it will put some pressure on exhaust to make the turbine run.
    any idea?

11. gagan_singh

ya for sure it does!! thats one reason why turbo motors dont last as long. if u compare a rb25 n/a and a rb25 thats turbo. for sure the n/a one will last longer. then again the turbo motor will produce more power too...

12. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

am sure it does. cuz ive seen some skylines on car sales over 280K on clock

13. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

i think what gagan means is that turbo charged engines need to be re-built over a period of time and its probable that the motors that have clocked 280k have been rebuilt once or maybe even twice...these problems generally plague engines that have high boost pressures, also, the boost pressure themselves are not as damaging as the rate of change of the exhaust pressure, the reason for the success of the rb25 series is that thet managed to create a balance between reliability and strength without sacrificing performance while keeping the wieght of the engine down..! no exhaust system is perfect, all tuners also learn through the hit n trial method, and only after making mistakes do they understand what went wrong...no pain..no gain