next gen i20 or Swift

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by singlahn, Aug 10, 2012.

1. singlahn

singlahn New Member

I want to buy a petrol car and confused b/w nxt gen i20(sports) and swift(ZXI). i20 is loaded with lots of features, nice interior and comfortable, much boot space while i think swift has btr handling and suspension also cheaper than i20. any suggestions ?
    thank you

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

eye closed swift

3. singlahn

singlahn New Member

@Codename.47 could you give some reasons for this?

4. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

Swift has better resale value and is relatively cheaper to maintain.
    Also its more of a 'Drivers car' than i20

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

First of all lets talk about background of company

Suzuki is a Japanese car manufacturer and is selling their vehicles worldwide , plus they have better rating and reliability as you might have seen the Maruti Suzuki 800s, zen etc etc

now lets talk about Hyundai , its korean and Korea doesn't have better engineering then Japanese (everyone knows that).
    Koreans make it cheap looking with use of excessive plastic panels , also its not looked as a premium brand however Suzuki has a brand name .

Reliability. Korean cars - Hyundai , Kia etc doesn't have a reliable engine and also their resale value is just bananas

6. riyachouhan

riyachouhan New Member

Go for Maruti Swift gives good mileage..
    Maruti Swift Petrol gives mileage in city is 14.5 kmpl and 18.6 kmpl on the highway. Maruti Swift Diesel gives mileage in City is 19.0 kmpl and 22.9 kmpl on the highway.

7. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

In India beating Swift is really a big challenge for other hatchback makers.As it has won the trust of the people.
    And out of i20 and swift,I would choose Swift.

8. Mohit Gupta

Mohit Gupta New Member

Swift is better than i20.
    Swift's petrol version can delivers an impressive mileage of around 15 Kmpl in city while 18.5 Kmpl on highways where as the diesel version is expected to offer mileage of around 17 Kmpl in city while 20 Kmpl on highways.

9. singlahn

singlahn New Member

thnx guys for your replies
    Seriously, I don't like the interior of Swift. So, now I am not considering it.
    till now i have short listed i20, polo,micra, and fabia. (in petrol)
    but for i20 i read many neg reviews about its performance. does anyone tell about the other two cars. is maintenance & spares of polo and fabia expensive as compare to i20? or if there is any other good option, please suggest.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  10. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

do yourself a favor and narrow down your choices, too many choices will only end up confusing you further, the polo and fabia are going to expensive to maintain as compared to the i20, yes the i20 petrol is underpowered, and takes some serious excercise from your right foot to get moving, to that effect i would suggest you try out the polo 1.6 which has already ceased production, you can get a good deal on it, which you can percieve as fuel funds, the polo has one of the best interiors within that range, not to forget bulletproof build quality, best of luck with your choice

11. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Hyundai cars are not that good
    there is a reason why we are saying this man

12. luckysingh

luckysingh New Member

Hi,

I would suggest you Maruti Swift is more then Hyundai i20.Because it is one of the best car in Maruti and also have best car of year.The car is powerful pack of performance and style.

13. singlahn

singlahn New Member

thank you guys.

14. banadictaustin

banadictaustin New Member

I am agree with you and suggest you to buy nxt gen i20(sports) because Performance mileage and space is also good and impressive. The best thing about this car has 84 bhp which is 4 more than the previous one.

15. anshu

anshu New Member

Hi,

According to Maruti Swift is Most popular these day as compared to i20,yes you are right i20 is loaded with lots of features but in looks performance and mileage Swift beats i20 and most of Indian buyers like to go with Maruti Swift especially it is a first choice of Youth generation.. Maruti is the brand which is having highest re-sale Value.

16. smith

smith New Member

I suggest you Maruti Swift ZXI is best.
    It gives mileage in city is 14.5 kmpl and 18.6 kmpl on the highway..

17. michelleon

michelleon New Member

Obviously. next gen i20. As getting success in i20 I sure this new generation of i20 will also rock in the market. Many reason which makes it successful. It is several time advantageous compare to Maruti Suzuki Swift and that's why more popular compare to it.

18. callumpowel

callumpowel New Member

Too numerous alternatives will only end up bewildering you further, the polo and fabia are going to costly to maintain as compared to the i20, yes the i20 gasoline is underpowered, and takes some serious exercise from your right foot to get moving, to that effect i would propose you try out the polo 1.6 which has currently stopped production, you can get a good deal on it, which you can perceive as fuel capital, the polo has one of the best interiors within that range, not to overlook bulletproof construct value, best of luck with your choice.