New PC of a motor head

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Codename.47, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Day before yesterday my old PC froze and then I kicked it thinking of a Quick Fix (kick Fix) and It just never started again.
    The computer doesn't boot. Tried every single thing to fix it from Installing Rams and re-assembling but I guess the Mobo(motherboard) is stuffed.

I am an AMD Fan so I am today getting following parts and going to put together:
    AMD X6 Phenom II 1090T (3.2 Ghz 6 cores)
    Asus M4a78LT-LE AM3 socket
    8 GB DDR3 G-Skill RAM
    600 Watts power Supply

I am using some of my old parts:
    LG Dual Layer DVD R/W IDE
    LG Dual layer DVR R/W Sata
    500 GB WD Sata
    Asus Nvidia 9800 GT 1 GB DDR3 GPU
    5.1 Channel Premium Sound Card
    Firewire card
    Old Gaming Case (Don't remember what brand was it)
    23" LG LED Screen
    Logitech 5.1 channel Speakers

Any more valuable suggestions ?

2. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

yes there is one thing you forgot... u forgot to add that once ur done it, u are gonna ship it to me so i can have a good computer for once ;) lol

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

hahah ya sure man no probs

now i got a prob. am using the new pc to reply but now that shyt VGA card doesnt work any more :mad:

it beeps 1 long and 3 shorts means bad video card !!!

4. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

just take it out and reinsert it to make sure its gone bad..sometimes a lil dust can cause this sort of a problem...! good config on the comp...there's something about computers going bad/not working properly that gives them character..i remember my desktop sata port used to act up due to shortage of power...and it used to start dumping memory whenever it felt like it..i've spend many sleepless nights trying to figure out what went wrong..reinstalling drivers/windows..that was a good learning experience..

5. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

get a better card...9800 gt is old. You can get a good price on some of the newer stuff nowdays.

6. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

yeah true Dhhawal bhai
    but seems like he GPU itself is burnt or something :p

Well my computer is up and running and there is this strange thing on it. Core unlocker.
    The pc runs at 2 cores for energy efficiency . the motherboard has the core unlocking function when you press D it unlocks all the 6 cores and pc works at max.
    pretty good
    I need new gpu but at the same time I have a ps3 now. do i need a new gpu ? not really