New or Old Car for New Driver

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by syal, Aug 9, 2011.

1. syal

syal New Member

I have recently learnt driving and now looking for a Car.My budget is around 2.5 Lakhs.Not too many options for a new car for that budget but few options if I go for an old car.please suggest.

2. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

buy maruti 800 new and if pertol is problem then go for 2008-2009 model indica,,, but i suggest maruti 800 ,,because i got perfect in driving with maruti 800

3. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

You may get a 6-7 lakh car, second hand for your budget but keep in mind that the maintainence , service and running cost of that car will be of a 6-7 lakh Car, not of a 2.5 lakh car.

So I would advice a New Car and would recommend Maruti Alto.

4. deep

deep New Member

bhaji 800 di tan production hi band ho gayi

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

First car? Then no need to waste money.
    Keep a cheap car spend like 1-2 lac rupees for 2004 + model , make sure it has Airbags and ABS since your new (Safety first) and then get perfection by learning to drive it thru highways , streets, busy roads . People will scratch and you will too but since its not brand new it wouldnt matter much.

6. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

the 800 is not being sold in metropolitan cities as its not Bharat IV compliant..however its still being sold in rural areas..back to the point

@syal, thing is that since you are relatively new to driving..i would suggest you buy an old car..because you'll have to be more careful with an old car for fear of it breaking down, or misbehaving, and it'll teach you to treat her right, all in all it will make you a better driver 'if' thats really what you wanna be..then when you've learnt enough you can always move up to a new car..! its one thing thats native to any good driver..that they've once owned a really crappy car..!

8. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I agree to that

9. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

Buy an alto - new or used.

If i was you i would get a used alto since scratching a new car would hurt the wallet and heart a lot more. Plus alto's are easily available in good condition and if for some reason you want to resell it. It will mantain value since its a Maruti.

And to top all that off, its easy on the wallet in terms of repair.

10. Azhacute

Azhacute New Member

New or Old Car

A brand new Merc or one that has been used by someone else before. Buying a car whether new or old, you cannot escape auto insurance.

11. smith

smith New Member

I think the best option for you is Maruti 800 or you can also go for Maruti Alto. These two cars will be the best as with good maintenance and servicing.

Maruti 800 Car & Maruti Alto Car

12. aryanaable

aryanaable New Member

When shopping for young car individuals insurance you may be surprised to find that some insurance companies will not even guarantee first time individuals at all, let alone offer a reasonable price.

13. johan

johan New Member

You may buy an old car which should be in good condition.You may also go for Maruti 800 or such type of car in low range.When you become good in driving you can sell it and buy new car as you like.

14. jennystive23

jennystive23 New Member

car in INDIA

If you are learning face of car driving so I would suggest for 1 -2 yr you prefer used car, in India road heavy traffic and now days people are turn to used car in India .

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
  15. banadictaustin

banadictaustin New Member

I think old car is the best and ideal option for newbie. Because some times damages the loss is small but if I damage a new car the loss will be big, when you plan to learn car than always prefer to drive small size car because it is probably easy to learn.

16. RightCarPrice

RightCarPrice New Member

I would definitely suggest you buy a used car for now.. get the hang of driving on the busy roads and then you can own a brand new car when you are confident enough.. Buy a small car to start with like Hyundai i10 or Santro or Maruti Suzuki Swift.. Try this, cars within your budget..

Cheers!

17. kevin786

kevin786 New Member

If i am in this situation in which you are then i will go for the maruti suzuki Alto, as Smooth in drive and in this budget it is Awesome.

18. luckysingh

luckysingh New Member

Hi,

I would suggest to you,Maruti's will be launched New Maruti Alto 800 on 15th September.The car will be coming with new impressive features and also value for money engine.

19. anshu

anshu New Member

Hi,

My suggestion don't go with second hand car buy Maruti Alto it suites your budget first of all and Alto is the country's best selling small car that offers impressive features and mindblowing performance.
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

20. michelleon

michelleon New Member

If you are looking to buy a car for your driver then I suggest you have to buy a used car. Don't go with new car because he is new driver, so first you have to check about his driving with used car and if he is good then buy new car.