New Hyundai Elantra 2012 India Review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Arun Malhotra, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Arun Malhotra

Arun Malhotra New Member

The upcoming Hyundai Elantra 2012 follows a fluidic design and looks somewhat like elongated Verna with sportier appearance. It uses up 1.8L VTVT petrol engine that can produce 146bhp power and 182Nm torque for petrol variant and 1.6L CRDI VGT diesel engine capable of producing 126bhp power and 265Nm torque for diesel variants.

New Elantra 2012 is expected to deliver a mileage of 13kmpl. Elantra is a stylish sedan with a seating capacity for 5 people. It has a top speed of 195km/h for the petrol variant and 190km/h for the diesel variant. The interiors are elegant and comfortable and exteriors are eye-catchy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

find here Hyundai elantra 2012 Price,feature,Image

2. sharmatanu

sharmatanu New Member

I am using the automatic model petrol power delivery is so bad means no enough power suspension its really terrible guys if you want to bye this test drive first.

3. Mohit Gupta

Mohit Gupta New Member

What are you trying to say?
    Please explain.

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

oh really!

sharmatanu - you can give us a breif review on your findings. thanks

5. riyachouhan

riyachouhan New Member

Ex-Showroom price New Delhi of Hyundai Elantra
    Hyundai Elantra Petrol Models
    Hyundai Elantra VTVT 1.8: 12,51,000
    Hyundai Elantra VTVT 1.8 S: 13,74,000
    Hyundai Elantra VTVT 1.8 SX: 14,74,000

Hyundai Elantra Diesel Models
    Hyundai Elantra Diesel 1.6: 12,91,000
    Hyundai Elantra Diesel 1.6 S: 13,64,000
    Hyundai Elantra Diesel 1.6 SX: 14,85,000
    Hyundai Elantra Diesel 1.6 SX Automatic: 15,85,000

6. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I wouldnt spend 10+ lacs on a hyundai ever

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

saw this car day before in my locale...i've gotta say it looks pretty smart,

its not about spending ten lacs bud..the verna is as it is over ten lacs on road, the question is is it really worth it, looks wise definitely yes, but on the other hand the verna fluidic has issues with high speed driver confidence and suspension dynamics, not making it a drivers car...can't say for sure unless i've been behind the wheel in one of these things

8. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Ive read abt suspensions issues quiet alot about 10 different ppl complained abt it

And am surprised Hyundai didn't really escalated the issue and has not recalled any.

Hyundai is considered as premium brand is it?

9. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

because essentially these cars are a little overwieght, and to compensate for it they make the suspension a little soft, to suit our road conditions,

umm, i really can't say..the premium brands are dying out, you look at honda, toyota, they are making bland and dull vehicles, they thought they could labor endlessly on their past laurels, but that not gonna happen, kia hyundai have taken comprehensive control of the market...they keep upgrading, and to be fair, the offer good quality at the price, very VFM, so i can understand why people are drawn to these products, on the other hand, honda haven't got a diesel vehicle in that range, whatever they do have in their petrol range is overpriced, old, and customer satisfaction is the last thing on thier minds, so you can't really blame the customer can you?

10. cceettaagg

cceettaagg New Member

Hyundai is all set to start the second innings of the Elantra in India. Codenamed ‘MD’, the fifth generation Elantra was first showcased at the 2010 Busan International Motor Show in April 2010. Also known as the Avante in certain countries, this edition of the Elantra incorporates Hyundai’s ‘Fluidic Philosophy’ and the design is an absolute revolution considering the previous generation cars were least known for their looks. The latest generation Hyundai Elantra has received recognition globally, including the 2012 North American car of the year award. It is also one of the few cars to have sold more than a million units in a single year.

11. anshu

anshu New Member

Hi,

Hyundai Elantra price in India starts at Rs 12.51 lakhs which is very affordable looking at other D segment cars present in the Indian car market.Apart from the looks of Hyundai Elantra, the sedan will also come with top quality interiors and a host of innovative features like automatic head lamps, ventilated front seats, dual zone climate control, power assisted front seats, smart key for keyless etc.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012