New Ford Fiesta 2011 vs Hyundai Verna Fluidic

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Dhillon, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

The latest entrant in the Indian sedan space has created quite a stir, and is set to be the first rival that the Fiesta will need to get past. The two are similar in some ways too, with global design cues and experimental interiors. The new Verna (New Hyundai Verna : First Drive) qualifies itself as a better city car though, with an easy steering and comfort-oriented suspension. The Fiesta on the other hand remains the choice for the enthusiast amongst the two, with better steering feel and a great balance between ride quality and handling. Four engine options on the Verna as opposed to the Fiesta’s two also give it a larger range to operate in terms of buyer’s budgets, which gives the Korean an added edge.

Attached Files:

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

No way!! this is not a comparision

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Ford for sure :p

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Ford India Missed the Trick

Ford will never be able to capture the Indian market in a big way. The Marketing team failed again.

Product positioning is key in winning market

Ford is attempting to position itself with Honda who is well establish in India (worng strategy)

Hyundai has a better marketing & product positioning and will give Honda tough competition.

Very bad marketing by Ford.

Ford seems like accepting their position as followers in the Automobile Industry in India.

In this way Ford will never be able to achieve the required market reach and Brand in the Indian Automobile market.

I was planning to book this new Fiesta but their pricing has put me off so now I am going ahead with Hyundai Fluidic which is a better value for money in the current situation

5. Pradeep

Pradeep Guest

Frankly to tell, VERNA is no way comparable to FORD New Fiesta. FORD is a legendary Automaker known for its quality and drive performance. My personal drive experience reveals that FORD NEW FIESTA is the Best in Class car and really its worth of getting a FORD new FIESTA rather than HYUNDAI VERNA.

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I drove both new ford fiesta & Hyundai verna fluidic.
    I would like to clear one thing. you can never compair 2 cars of different makes because each of them have pros & cons...
    so as per my taste and priorities i woould like to rate them this way:

Looks:
    Fluidic beats Fiesta - The sporty & the areodynamic look of verna is more eye catchy when compared to fiesta.

Engine & Pickup:
    Once again fluidic holds the upper hand when talking about engine & pickup. the specifications says it all. Well I felt the same after taking test drive of both the vehicles.

Interiors:
    Coming to interiors ford overtakes hyndai. sober colour of the interiors gives you pleasent look and attracks more than fluidic.

Safety:
    nothing to say its Fluidic whichh has provided the best safety equipments. jus have a look at spec, It says all...........

Mileage:
    Being an Indian this would definately a concern for every one. Petrol rates are peaking..coming to this there is no much differnce in both the vehicles when you see mileage. both of them would give you 12 - 15Km/Ltr.

My priorities are LOOKS, SAFETY & THEN ENGINE
    so would rate fluidic - 5/5 & fiesta - 4/5

I VOTE FOR THE NEW VERNA FLUIDIC

7. YOGESH VYAS

YOGESH VYAS New Member

New fiesta

New fiesta is the best car in its segment. Its drive, refinement handling is fantastic. Its fun to drive and ultimate pleasure machine.;)

8. anks

anks New Member

I am totally with Hyundai Verna. Verna is the most popular car and even more preferable.

9. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

Verna- More suited as a family, driven under limits. A good looking catr with all the comfort in the world. Well majority of buyers buying a 10 lac+ car fits in this category. And that why car is selling in huge numbers. your wife will love it, your kids will like it and your parents will feel proud. VFM upto an extent.

Fiesta- Suited for people who really care for what i being driven, it's the car or the driver. Who enjoy driving and does not care about everything else, I suggest go for classic 1.6 SXI. This new Fiesta with standardize petrol1.5 Lit engine is something medicore effort by the company. It cannot be a chauffer driven car due to cramped space at the back and perfomance has been compromised. 1.5 Diesel do fits the bill as a decent compromise between performance and economy but an exorbitant price of around 12 lac does not suit the pocket for most.
    I again say above mentioned points are from my own experience and might differ from yours.

10. alcatraz

alcatraz New Member

Goodside of verna is that its base model also has airbags and some equipments.
    Otherwise fiesta is the best. Ford are meant to be a good handler and fiesta handles more better than verna. Verna is good in city and comfortable also. But on highway or at high speeds fiesta wins easily :D