Maruti Suzuki XA Alpha Concept

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by Dhillon, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

Maruti revealed 'Maruti Suzuki XA Alpha Concept ' at Auto Expo today.

XA Alpha shares the same platform as Gypsy and the muscular stance of the Alpha such as the beefy protruding wheel arches and the neatly chiseled bonnet lines are said to be derived from the Indian wrestling tradition, typically with big muscles, strong men and tricky body locking to win the battle of brawn.

Attached Files:

2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hehe..it might be something in my head, but most of the suv's are bought by people who are small and petite, and not muscular in any way :), the smaller the person...the bigger the suv,(there are exceptions though), nice concept by maruti though, i think they are looking for a successor to the vitara which i personally think they should retire(the name at least)

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

isnt that landrover evogue styled windscreens and design

4. johan

johan New Member

Hi Dhillon

Maruti is back with its another sizzling car which is Maruti XA Alpha this car was unveil in the auto expo and this car had attracted most of the people, now the real competition will start among XUV500, Ecosport and XA.

Some interesting point about this XA SUV.. New Maruti XA Alpha SUV is pretty sound and will come with 1.3 litre of K-Series fiat multi-jet diesel engine in production model, which gives a pretty good mileage of 8 to 10 km per litre that could give a fight to other compact SUVs in the market. The SUV could comfortably adjust five adults and has a wheelbase of 2500mm. The car has a maximum speed of 180 on the highways.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Johan man its not practicle on indian roads

6. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

^^ A Diesel SUV from Maruti will sell like hot jalebis :p

7. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

well I second that but

look at the built

is there pracically enough space inside?

a normal guy with a Turban and a 6 ft guy on rear seats = fail , looking at the pictures am guessing

8. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hehehe...rahul you should know something about us punjabi's if something looks nice...we'll bear the discomfort for that very reason :D

9. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

like my skyline hahahahah

2 door

no rear seats ( there are but useless its a prison)

its low so stiff suspensions :p

and i love it :p

10. johan

johan New Member

Dhillon I am fully agree with you that this SUV is going to sell like hot jalebis and with curd also for two reason one its form Maruti Indian have blind faith that Maruti car will be good. Second thing its SUV and having amazing look.
    Hey codename why you said that its not practicle on Indian roads??

11. Ashish Sehgal

Ashish Sehgal New Member

Maruti XA Alpha showcased in the Auto Expo was like an eye candy for the Indian visitors. If it gets launched in India,though seems to be impractical, it will be an eye-catcher on road and the guys driving hatchbacks,will surely think about it while upgrading to bigger to the bigger cars.

12. johan

johan New Member

Hi Codename.47
    As you know that now a days people are moving towards SUV's and the reason of such moves is for two thing first one is the price range and second thing is that they are getting SUV on sedan's car price.