maruti suspended swift production!!

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by singh-a-lion, Jul 10, 2011.

1. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

Maruti Suzuki has reportedly halted production of their top selling luxury hatchback, Swift. This move comes close on the heels of the company getting ready to launch the new Swift variant in August-end to early September.
    Dealers have already begun accepting orders for Maruti’s new Swift. This model has been codenamed as the YP8 by Maruti, and the company is carrying out trial runs of the model at their facility in Manesar. The company reportedly sells about 5,000 units of Swift a month. Since the launch of the car is 2005, it changed the while B to B+ hatchback segment in the Indian auto market.

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

how come?

3. singh-a-lion

dey r launching new swift soon,,dats y
    or they r covring der strike in swift plant,
    workers r on srtike from last month and swift production is stoped,,not even dey producing a car in a day!!!
    my friend book a swift couple of months back,,but dey say have to wait for other 6 months,i told him betr get married,and u can get a kid in 9 months,,but no chance for swift lol

4. automobile planet

automobile planet New Member

Good to see Maruti launching new Swift in India. Is the new Swift much more fuel efficient than the current one?

5. singh-a-lion

may b nt suree

6. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

considering that the engine configurations are going to remain the same i don't see efficiency coming into play(50kilos(kerb wieght) more or less isn't going to make much of a difference on the in-city runs)...! however i think the ceasing of the production had more to do with the strike..which also resulted in the i20 and the polo/vento doing better in the market in june, what remains to be seen is that wether the new swift is going to be a belter in the market like the last version was..! maruti's sales strategy is very aggressive and generally before the official launch they ensure that each dealer has their stocks full with the new model, i think they r gonna do the same with this one, we'll just have to wait n see..!