Lancer Cedia or Honda city type-2

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by Pavan_MP423, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Pavan_MP423

Pavan_MP423 New Member

Hello everyone :) . I was actually looking for a Sedan within 4lakhs. Among various options, I narrowed down to Honda City 2003 model.

I visited couple of Honda pre-owned dealer showrooms, it was quite hard to find the car with good condition . Since , I'm looking for manual transmission, either the car has Double ownership or the single ownership cars which I saw turned out to be Automatic.

And I checked out Lancer Cedia elegance ( petrol ), 2006 model ; single owner; distance travelled-45000km. Cost-4.5Lakhs ( negotiable ). Let me highlight my monthly usage, I'm a student & I travel ~260km or max. 300km per month.
    - So can you please tell me is Cedia a good choice? I know its slightly out of my budget range. Considering my usage, does maintainence cost of Cedia vary by a large amount in comparison with Honda city-type 2?

-PS: I'm not ruling out Honda city yet. I have few more showrooms to visit. Hopefully, I find a good conditioned car. Its just that I was planning to have Cedia as my 2nd preference, you know it well suits a college guy.

Lastly, are Double ownership cars good to buy? Please brief me with its pros & cons.

Thank you.

2. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

Go for cedia. Its gud. Honda service and spares r expensive.

3. alcatraz

alcatraz New Member

Honda spares are expensive but Mitsubishi does not have showrooms so overall both companies will cost you the same.
    You better buy single ownership

4. Pavan_MP423

Pavan_MP423 New Member

Guys, it would be more helpful if you can please elaborate..
    I'm surprised to hear from you that Honda spares are expensive, as I've heard that Honda's aftermarket is quite cheap & Mitsubishi is relatively expensive..

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Going for Honda and Mitsubishi is quiet the same thing they both are japanese .
    Mitsubishi have cheaper parts in comparision to Honda .
    However Cedia model wasn't that quiet popular so you might wana double check the availability of the parts.
    Honda on the other hand yes they have the aftermarket parts available but thats all cosmetics what about the engine parts?
    Do bit of research goto some spare parts shop ask them if you wana get something for 2003 model Honda can they provide

you will get the answer.

6. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

well you've got a point..its true though, honda parts are cheaper than mitsubushi parts(in india), they way you need to think about this...you'll get a better deal on the mitsubushi, since honda's hold their value better, so resale value is relatively higher(associated brand value), the cedia in my opinion has better handling than the city, but honda engines are much better as far as economy and power are concerned...so think about what you want, either way...you can't fault both of these cars...they are both very good in their own respects...

7. Pavan_MP423

Pavan_MP423 New Member

Thanks a lot guys for your valuable advice :) .
    Well, I didn't find even one Honda city vtec type-2 single owner cars :/ . But I narrowed down to 3 cars which are 1.5exi single owner, where the distance traveled is 60000-65000km. Quoted price 3-3.2Lakh ( negotiable ).
    I'm confused whether its safe to go for the 2nd owner vtec, its distance traveled is ~60000km. Quoted price 2.65Lakh. The car looked neat, since it was 2nd owner, we didn't bother to test drive the Car. Or should I go for single owner 1.5exi?
    Does the performance of vtec differ from Exi by large amount?
    Please give your suggestions.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  8. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

being an owner who switched from a 1.5 exi to a vtec, i would say, they are different machines, the vtec is for the person who is fond of driving and isn't that concerned about fuel efficiency(milage 9-12kmpl), the 1.5 exi will give you in the region of 12-15kmpl, at least thats what mine gave me, the vtec needs to be test driven and test driven hard, you need to take it to the redline to make sure vtec is engaging correctly...any problems with the same will be expensive to fix and replace...so make sure you're getting your money's worth, 60k is nothing for a vtec, these engines can handle well over 2lac kms, test drive both and decide for yourself which suits your driving style best....