Knock Sensor

Discussion in 'General Maintenance' started by Codename.47, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I was diagnosing my car yesterday with Nissan consult and softwares used were Consultz and the ECU Talk and It came up with an error 34

that refers to a Knock sensor

My power steering doesn't work

I was reading somewhere that knock sensor doesn't allow pump to work properly !

does anyone have any idea?

also the speedo doesn't work on my car. is that speed sensor on the tranny ?

2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

i fail to see how a knock sensor can have anything to do with the power steering, i think its hydro electric
    [​IMG]

from what i understand, its possible that the HICAS is not working because the VSS(vehicle speed sensor) is an integral part of the system and its not working, which is causing this sort of behavior, if it was a pump problem, you would be hearing high pitched screeching or bearing noise form the pump

your speedo shuold be like a sensor based pickup installed on your transmission on the top side

[​IMG]

there is a plug attached to this sensor, check if its frayed? if it is, you've found its intact its possible that the VSS is fried,

you'll need to loosen two bolts, take it out and get a replacement,
    should look something like this

[​IMG]
    before you go about changing this, check for loose connection etc, sometime rats and squirrels can wreck havoc by chewing up the wires, best of luck :)

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

yeha bro thats what i thought
    if no power steering and now speedo thats hicas issues

am going to get that done soon bro thanks for the heads up

4. JepthaTalon

JepthaTalon New Member

Upon entering her driveway, Bella stopped her car and turned off the ignition. Immediately, the engine began to shudder, knock, ping, and shudder again, before making a noise that sounded almost like a sigh, followed by silence. Promptly, Bella grabbed her purse and cell phone and exited the car and ran into her house thinking that it might explode.

_________
    value locksmith

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Man , what are you trying to say here?

6. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

:D i think its a line from the Twilight series LOL