Install Angel eyes in BMW

Discussion in 'Basic Guides' started by Codename.47, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

For Old models Say : E36 , E46 - 3 Series there were only halogens with no Angel eyes in BMW's

You can now buy a kit from Ebay/Shop its easy to install

For anyone who is curious, for a pre-facelift sedan it is very easy to instal angel eyes. In a nutshell, here is the steps:

1. Open up the ECU box and find a large red wire with a white stripe and use a plastic to connector to tap power from it to a 4-6 foot wire. Run this wire out through the rubber bulkhead on the side of the ECU box and along the side of the engine bay and then along the black brace on the front of the engine bay.

2. Easiest thing is to just take the entire headlight assembly off the car, but you can also do this part with the headlight installed. Removal is just 4 bolts and a few plastic clips. Also, the corner lights have to be taken out first which is just a matter of depressing a plastic clip and sliding them out. Now it is just a matter of attaching the angel eyes with the included plastic clips. I found that they were slightly loose so I used a little crazy glue to keep them from moving.

3. Wire the angel eyes to the ballast on each side and attach the ballast to any flat surface on the back of the headlamps. The included adhesive strips didn't work and nor did super glue so I used some silicone glue, works great.

4. Now, the ballast has two wires coming out of it for power obviously, so just find another ground wire to splice into or, like what I did, you can just clamp the exposed end of the wire under a sheet metal screw like the bolts that attach the front engine bay brace.

5. And the power wire, just use some more of those plastic connectors to tap into the wire from the ECU routed around the engine bay earlier.

Videos:

YouTube - ‪BMW Angel Eyes Installation Video (Part 1 of 3) with Projector Headlights‬‏

YouTube - ‪BMW Angel Eyes Installation Video (Part 2 of 3) with Projector Headlights‬‏

YouTube - ‪BMW Angel Eyes Installation Video (Part 3 of 3) with Projector Headlights‬‏
    6. Zip-tie the wires to keep them neat and out of the way.

2. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

nyccccc, here now in punjab people instaling angle eyes in bullet,,,i will try to get sum pics

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

oh is it..
    Camaros have them too

4. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

in canada people put these on there crap civics and stuff. looks so funny on the car, looks ok from far, but once u come close then you just have to laugh!!

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

haha na man i wouldnt do that to my skyline :p

6. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

if u did then that would be an epic fail!!!!!!!!

7. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

hahha its gona be DEVIL Eyes