Hyundai Verna Fluidic Vs. Chevrolet Optra Magnum

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by geet, Dec 9, 2011.

1. geet

geet New Member

I am bang in the middle. Neither swinging this way nor that. I just wanted to throw this to you guys to see what you think.

My daddy is looking for a diesel car mostly for intercity travel. (I am going opt for the top end model)

The new Verna's build quality is much better than what it was earlier, but still seems to be a couple rungs lowers than the Optra Magnum's. The way the doors close and the noise being deadened as soon as the doors close still seems to be better in the Optra.

But feature-wise there is no beating the Verna.

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I just wrote on one of the posts
    Hyundai will give more options for same money to outsell the other brands but when it comes to reliability I doubt it.

Say , you have 5 airbags what if it doesn't pop when you encounter accident or so?

3. anks

anks New Member

You have given the answer of your query yourself. Between these two models, Hyundai Verna will be the best model even with the performance or mileage.
    Even if we talk about safety features then there are many feaures carried by Hyundai Verna which are missing in Optra like Electronic Stability Control, Keyless Entry, Engine Immobilizer, Parking Sensors etc.

See: Hyundai Verna Review

4. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

the optra is an outdated fighter..but it is still strong in all the right areas..i have seen people go for the optra when they compared it with the cruze also, so i mean it depends heavily on how important looks are to you, if you want something modern, go for the verna, if you want something that more comfortable with a proven powerplant where looks don't matter as much, go for the optra