Hyundai Verna Diesel

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by Kartar, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Kartar

Kartar New Member

I drive a corolla altis diesel and need one more car for other family members.
    I am thinking about hyundai verna diesel. I want to know how is verna compared to corolla altis.
    pickup,mileage,engine noise etc.

2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

verna is hands down the better option buddy, the corolla is underpowered as it has a small engine, although on the refinement front it may be miles ahead of the verna, but even so, a small 1.4L diesel on a car that tips scales on the better part of one and a half tonnes is an unwise choice, especially since toyota engines are tuned for efficiency, the hyundai engine epuipped with vgt is another animal altogether, its very powerful...however in my opinion it is a little unrefined, and you can feel it when its in the strongest part of its rev range, personally i prefer smoothness in power delivery(which is why i have a swift diesel), however you should be warned that the verna diesel does have a waiting period of 6 months(in delhi), you should be able to get it rightaway if you pay a premium though, both these cars are from different segments, the corolla belongs to the D segment so its bound to be larger and more comfortable than the c-segment verna

3. Kartar

Kartar New Member

I went to hyundai showroom yesterday to see the verna.From inside it is much better than corolla.looks good from outside too.today they will send a car for test drive.
    also waiting period is four months here.

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I am pretty sure hyundai's ecotec engines are good on petrol (if you have driven)

how big are the engines

5. smith

smith New Member

Hyundai is mostly known for its powerful engine. Hyundai is the best brand for giving the most luxury and spacious cars.

6. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

Its been quite some while since we have been trying to change our car. But car buying is such a complicated process. So finally decided on taking all TBHPians advice and help me making a wise decision.
    The car is for my dad. He currently uses a NHC 2006 model. His running is almost 99% in the city. 90% of the times he is chauffeured and very rarely over weekends he drives the car on his own. The NHC is doing fine and the only reason for a change is the rising fuel prices. His running has increased considerably and currently he does around 1500kms a month.
    The following cars were considered (all diesel) :
    1. Vento: We all love the car and infact the whole idea of changing his ride came after reading GTO’s fantastic review. But we are also planning to change our aging Lancer and almost decided on the new Jetta as its replacement ( if priced appropriately). So the Vento will be resembling the Jetta a little too much for my comfort. Also my dad has to go into industrial areas quite often where the roads are pretty non existent and therefore not sure about long term reliability and maintenance cost for the Vento.
    2. ANHC: We like the looks of the car. Back seat is okish and should suffice for small city runs. Long term reliability should be fine with the Hyundai.
    3. Toyota Corolla Altis: The car is surely a segment above and has an amazing back seat with the Toyota badge. The only downside is the engine. I kind of like the car but not convinced if the price that they are asking for it is justified.
    4. Cruze: Ruled out. We didn’t like the interior space and it felt very cramped.

So Now the 2 major contenders are:
    1. The ANHV 1.6 Crdi SXO which is around 11.6 L OTR.
    2. The Corolla Altis Diesel – Mid G variant which is around 15.3L OTR.
    Looking forward to your expert inputs.

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

in your case i'd go for the altis..its a class above and lets not forget..if he's chauffered most of the time, the small engine's not gonna bother him that much especially since the altis will be more comfortable, more economical, and easier on the wallet at the service stations

8. anks

anks New Member

Hyundai Verna Fluidic a new avatar

Hyundai Verna Fluidic is having overall beauty. Hyundai Verna comes in both petrol and diesel models with 6 variants.

Hyundai Verna comes powered with both petrol and diesel engine. The 1.6 litre DOHC VTVT (petrol) engine gives out maximum output of 103.2 Ps at 5500 rpm (revolutions per minute) while the powerful 1.5 litre CRDi VGT churns output of 110 PS at 4000 rpm.

Hyundai Verna comes in 6 fabulous colors like Carbon Grey, Crystal White, Phantom Black, Purple Fantasia, Sleek Silver and Stone Beige.

Fetch information from: Hyundai Verna

9. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

Between Corolla Altis Diesel and Chevrolet Cruz,which one is better bet in terms of performance?

10. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

the cruz is in a different league altogether, its miles ahead of the corolla in terms of performance

11. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I agree With Dhhawal on that I have driven one cruze myself its pretty fast (manual)

12. geet

geet New Member

With comparison Hyundai Verna is best among the two. Hyundai Verna is powered with 1582 cc engine which better than Corolla Altis.
    Even if you compare in terms of mileage then also Verna gives 14.5 kmpl mileage in city and 18.8 kmpl on highway while Corolla Altis gives mileage of 14.0 kmpl in city and 18.0 kmpl on highway which is less than what Verna offers.

You can see the comparison here Car Comparisons - Toyota Corolla Altis Diesel Gl Vs Hyundai Verna Fluidic 16 Crdi Sx O At | CarKhabri.com

See more about Hyundai Verna