Hyundai i20 Review.

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by veersingh, Mar 9, 2012.

1. veersingh

veersingh New Member

Hi,

Hyundai i20 is one of the popular hatchbacks of Hyundai Motors. Hyundai is a famous and reliable brand in Indian auto market. It is a front-wheel drive car and is available in five door version. It was launched in April 2010. Hyundai i20 is a five seater hatchback and which suits for family and business people. It replaces the Hyundai Getz in most markets like in the Indian and UK. Hyundai i20 uses a completely new platform that was created at Hyundai's European technical centre in Russelsheim to allow Hyundai to move into Europe's highly competitive super mini segment. As we all know that prime Hyundai i20 has won many high status awards. It has won Design of the year 2010 in NDTV Profit Car. The car is available in both petrol and diesel version in India .The price tag of petrol and diesel variants from Rs.4,59,205 and top-end model with Rs.8,09,754 in Indian auto market.

Hyundai i20 is available amazing colors like, Berry Red , Sparkle Blue, Black Diamond, Dark Grey Silky Beige, Sleek Silver and Crystal White in India.

Hyundai i20 is available both petrol and diesel .It is the first hatchback car in the Indian auto market which is packed with six speed manual transmission gearbox. The 1.4 L CRDI diesel engine is packed with CRDI fuel Supply system, DOHC Valve configuration, and 6 speed manual transmission gearboxes and the Engine has a displacement of about 1396 cc. The maximum power offered by the engine is around 90 ps at 4000 rpm and the torque is 22.4 Kgm at 2750 rpm. The 1.2 L Kappa PL petrol engine is equipped with 1196cc of displacement, 5 speed manual transmission gearbox, MPFI fuel supply system, 4 Cylinders & 4 Valves and DOHC Valve configuration and the maximum power offered by the engine is around 80 ps at 5200 rpm and the torque is 11.4 Kgm at 4000 rpm. The car is having really impressive mileage because the Petrol variants delivering 13.8 Kmpl in the city whereas superb 18.1 Kmpl on the highways and the other Diesel variant that gives a good 11.2 Kmpl in the city and 15.1 Kmpl on the highways.

The car is a luxury premium hatchback which gives sufficient room for all the passengers. It has got an attractive interior design. The sleek design helps the car to maintain good grip around air, where air intake is easy. The wide dashboard looks very stylish inside the car. Hyundai i20 can easily accommodate 5 people. It gives enough space to make yourself free inside the car and the other features like glove box, centre console multipurpose storage box, front door map pockets, passenger side seat back pocket, coat hook, Luggage hooks, Tachometer, Dual Trip meter, passenger vanity mirror, leather & chrome finish gear knob, front map lamps, Fully Automatic Temperature Control, Speakers & Tweeters is an advantage for the people to feel soothe.

The car also having safety features like the ABS, airbags, keyless entry with burglar alarm, turn indicators on ORVMs etc will ensure security for the passengers.

Hyundai i20 directly competes with the model like Volkswagen Polo, Maruti Swift, Skoda Fabia, Fiat Punto, Maruti Ritz in India. As compare to Maruti Swift is cheaper to Hyundai i20 but Hyundai i20 give mileage more then Maruti Swift.

http://www.carkhabri.com/carmodels/hyundai/hyundai-i20

2. Arun Malhotra

Arun Malhotra New Member

Hyundai i20 is well equipped with safety features like 6-airbags (the only hatchback to have 6 airbags in Indian auto market) and engine immobilizer.

3. kevin786

kevin786 New Member

Hyundai i20 has electronic multidisplay meter, impact sensing auto door unlock, two ton beige interior and blue LED interior illumination.

4. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

The all new Hyundai i20 is even more spacious and stylish. It has amazing eye catching features. The charisma of the new fluidic Hyundai i20 is outstanding. Hyundai i20 is available in both petrol and diesel option with different variants. Hyundai i20 price starts from Rs. 4.84 lac which is quite affordable hatchback. The car delivers a mileage of 11.4 kmpl on city and 15.1 kmpl on highway.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014