Hyundai i20 i-gen diesel gear shift help

Discussion in 'General Maintenance' started by tekbird, Sep 4, 2012.

1. tekbird

tekbird New Member

hello to all experienced drivers out there!

I recently bought a magna optional diesel variant of i20.

I must say it's an excellent car.

Since I just started driving recently, I'm facing some problems with gear shifting.

When I change gears, initially, I used to observe a sudden drop in speed as the clutch is engaged, and may be since I didn't apply accelerator.

So I decided to change this style a bit and apply a bit of accelerator just before the clutch is fully engaged. That seemed to solve the problem.

However, I'm not able to learn this very easily as I still made the same mistakes.

So my questions is whether this is normal or will take some time to get adjusted with the gear shift timings :confused:

2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

you need to be a little careful while engaging and disengaging the clutch, riding the clutch will eventually wear out your clutch at a faster rate, leading to premature failure, so be a little careful, try changing at other engine speeds so you can find a sweet spot at which to change up

3. moishenriq

moishenriq Banned

All of us know very well that there are many model of cars made by Hyundai which is most popular brand of cars in some countries like India.Hyundai i20 is one of the most selling car in India in 2012.

4. caraccessories

caraccessories New Member

Features of Hyundai i20

Trendy car foot mats
    Perfect fit for i20
    Repels dust and prevents dirt accumulation
    Ultra light weight foot mat
    Comes in a set of 5 pieces
    Made in Taiwan

5. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

Dear I think as you are saying that you have taken a new car, then I think that this is not the problem. I will here say that you must test your car for 3-4 months. If the same problem persists even after that, then you should contact the authorized service center. This problem comes in new engines, but as the engine gets older, the engine becomes smoother in driving.