Hyundai Eon first drive

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by singh-a-lion, Oct 14, 2011.

1. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

[​IMG]

The details on Hyundai’s latest and most affordable car yet and one developed solely for the Indian market, the Eon, are finally out. And we have not only seen the production ready car but driven it as well.
    So it’s clear that the Eon is one hell of a good looking car. And according to Hyundai it had to be, because looks of a car today - both inside and out – is one of top three considerations among new car buyers, especially in India.
    Yes, it does resemble the Chevy Beat to an extent, but given that the Beat is one of sharpest looking hatchbacks in the country today, it’s not such a bad thing. You also won’t mistake it for anything but a Hyundai given the Eon embodies the Fluidic Sculpture design philosophy to the tee. So, it has the hexagonal grille and plenty of contradicting surfaces like the new Verna, all of which lend it a very modern, young and dynamic persona.

[​IMG]
    Inside too, the V-shape flowing dashboard design philosophy is similar to the Verna’s. And having a two-tone colour layout not only gives the Eon’s cabin an airy feel, but it also helps it look more expensive than the car’s pricetag suggests. The quality all round is impressive too, particularly when it comes to the plastics used for the dash top and the door inserts. These are pretty close to the i10 standard. So is the functioning of the indicator and light stalks.
    Sadly though, the consistency in quality is missing. The plastics used for the centre console as well as for the central tray between the front seats, is tacky at best. Even the functioning of the air con controls lacks crispness and feel and takes away from the feel of quality.
    Now our drive was a pretty short one, but we can tell you this – the Eon, like the i10 has high seating, decent visibility and very good seats, particularly at the front. It’s not exactly cramped inside either, especially given the competition it is against. And surprisingly, it has a sizable boot too.
    As for the engine, it is the Santro’s engine minus a cylinder. So, it makes less power and torque and being a 3-cylinder, there are perceptible vibrations, even at idling.
    The drive isn’t spectacular either, but given 56bhp and 75Nm of torque it was never going to be.
    Wondering what’s the competition? Well given its looks, you’d be excused for thinking that the Eon is competition for the likes of the Wagon R, the i10 and the Chevy Beat - the upper middle-class hatchbacks so to speak - and not one that will cost less than Rs 3 lakh!

GUD THINGS---Styling, Quality, Boot space, seats
    BAD THINGS--- Rear room is tight, engine lacks go, in-cabin noise

2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

impressive...to say the least...the market will react well to this car as long as hyundai keeps the service cost down(which i doubt they can), wanna see how suzuki will react..

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

so did you drive it Singh veere ?

4. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

Na yaar. Dnt hve it here. I think i shud move to india. If dhillon paji pay me for it lol

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

hahaha sure sure :p

6. DerekWhite

DerekWhite New Member

hyundai eon will be the biggest hit on indian roads next 1-2 years
    Hyundai Eon will beat Maruti Alto?

7. DerekWhite

DerekWhite New Member

Hyundai Eon vs Maruti Suzuki Alto Comparison Chart
    Hyundai Eon Maruti Alto
    Price (Rupees) 2,75,000 2,26,279
    Mileage (Kmpl) 18.0 18.3
    Displacement (CC) 814 798
    Power (PS @ rpm) 56@5500 47@6200
    Torque (Nm @ rpm) 1075@4000 1062@3000
    Ground Clearance 170 160
    Hyundai Eon vs Maruti Alto Comparison

8. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

can't really tell derek
    Too early to predict

9. anks

anks New Member

Hyundai is my favorite brand and it never gives a chance to get disappointed with its car models. Hyundai always servers their customers with the luxury and powerful engine car.
    Hyundai Eon is small but having all the features. I am thinking to go for a test drive as i heard so many things about its coolest features.
    From CarKhabri i took the information.

10. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

something wrong with the figures bud...can't be a 1075 or 1062 nm, last i heard even the mclaren sls had only 650nm to offer..!

11. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

most probab 107 :p and .5

12. kevin786

kevin786 New Member

dhawaal bai ji eh tusi sahi figure dase ne..hun eon taan main soch reha le hi lava chetti.

13. DerekWhite

DerekWhite New Member

Hyundai Eon good for low budget but there is no completion between Alto
    Alto is good its look, materiel , interior and so on .

14. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

Hyundai EON is the cheapest hatchback car in India . Hyundai EON, the small car will definitely give a tuff competition to the car under the price range of Rs 3 lac as Hyundai EON price little lower than this price. Hyundai EON comes in three LPG variants. The car go over 12000 km with a full LPG and petrol tank.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  15. newupcomingcars

newupcomingcars New Member

Hyundai eon is the second largest car manufacturer in India.There are 8 models currently offered in the market, in which 5 models are of petrol and 3 of LPG.
    Petrol models:
    Hyundai EON D lite
    D lite plus
    EON Era plus
    Hyundai EON sports
    Magna plus
    Diesel variants:
    Hyundai EON LPG D lite
    EON LPG D Magna plus
    EON LPG Era plus