How to clean alloy wheels ?

Discussion in 'Alloy Wheels & Tyres' started by Codename.47, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

People often come up with these sort of questions that how to clean the stains off their alloy wheels.

what do you guys suggest?

2. IndiaGarage

IndiaGarage New Member

Even I would like to know How I can clean my alloys Wheels, even on some parts the Chrome finishing is getting dull.

Can some help me here :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IndiaGarage

3. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hmm this is a bit of a shifty issue, usually you can clean off any light stains by using tyre wash which is just a mild detergent in liquid solution however, if the stains do not come off, you can use a mild solution of caustic soda..but be well aware, caustic soda should be handled with gloves, exposure to anything above 10 percent concentration can result in chemical burns, leaving the solution on for too long can also cause alloy erosion, so use this option with great care, one thing i do recommend is whenever you get a new set of alloys, before putting them on you can coat them with a teflon spray so that they have some protection against rust and pitting on the surface..

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

There is a this liquid called Mag40 means its a magwheel cleaner. you have to spray that and then leave it for a while and spray water with high pressure hose it cleans. and then you have to use ur hands for finish

5. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hmm..thats exactly what you do with caustic...do check out the contents to verify..

6. rosenable

rosenable Banned

Alloy Wheels perform the same function in automobiles as the normal steel ones but they have certain added features that make them different and arguably better.