Honda Jazz or Maruti Swift

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by smith, Dec 2, 2011.

1. smith

smith New Member

Which car should prefer when a person have to travel 110kms daily by car.

Honda Jazz
    Maruti Swift- Diesel

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

Maruti Swift Diesel.

3. anks

anks New Member

A genuine advice is Maruti Swift Diesel. As Diesel cars are more preferable and even are good in performance. If we compare both the cars then the mileage of Maruti Swift diesel is more rather than that of Honda Jazz.
    No doubt that Honda Jazz is a good car but in comparison to Swift Diesel, Jazz's performance is not good as Swift diesel.

Swift Diesel gives the average of 14.5kmpl in city and 19.5 kmpl on highway while Jazz gives 12.5kmpl in city and 16.7kmpl on highway which is less than Swift.

you can see the comparison here Car Comparisons - Honda Jazz X Vs Maruti Swift Zdi Vs Maruti Swift Ldi | CarKhabri.com

source: Maruti Swift

4. Ashish Sehgal

Ashish Sehgal New Member

Obviously Maruti Swift Diesel. Honda Jazz can be considered for this much travelling when diesel variant for jazz is made available in market.

5. kevin786

kevin786 New Member

ofcourse its Maruti swift diesel which will be recommended by all , because it has great mileage and excellent features.

6. Ashish Sehgal

Ashish Sehgal New Member

yeah Kevin, I agree with you that most people who are truly car freaks are gonna recommend this car. Maruti Swift is like an ideal car in diesel hatchbacks in India that has inspired other brands that diesel cars can be kept for domestic use and folks too have started believing that diesel cars are not a big issue and they 're not scared of service and maintenance issues anymore.

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

@ashish, i agree with you on most accounts but where i differ is that due to advances in diesel engine technology..modern diesel engines are far more reliable, frugal and require less maintainence as compared to their previous guises, couple that with escalating fuel prices and distances that people have to travel, diesel makes more sense in the long run, there was a time when diesel engines were noisy..and used to emit black noxious smoke, but those days are gone, now we have turbo diesel engines which can outrun their petrol counterparts(of similar displacement) and you get better economy too, so its a win win situation

8. johan

johan New Member

Smith I think most of the people will go for Maruti Swift diesel as this car is outstanding in performance, has good feature and handling is amazing and the most important thing is that this car has awesome resell value and will also cost less as compare to Jazz. Jazz resell value is no more if fact this car is low in demand. I will go for swift.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  9. amanrawal

amanrawal New Member

I thing Maruti Swift is good for u. It is available in 3 Diesel variants LDI, VDI, ZDI. VDi is a top-end variant. So Go for it......Maruti Swift VDi.