Honda CR-X : Mugen

Discussion in 'International Automotive Scene' started by Codename.47, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Honda CR-X : Mugen

Source:Canibeat.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Modifications

Engine

JDM B16 A (OEM)
    Limit AX Twin Outlet Exhaust
    Hamp Synergy Battery
    Hamp Oil Filter
    Hamp Fluids
    Mugen Formula Valve Cover
    Mugen Gen I Oil Cap
    Mugen Radiator Cap
    Blitz Spark Plug Cover

Suspension

Spats Rear Strut Tower Bar
    Cusco Front Strut Tower Bar
    Zeal Function 6 Coilovers

Exterior

Complete Mugen Pro.2 Kit for EF8
    Front Bumper
    Rear Bumper
    Side Skirts
    Door Filler Panels
    Door Decals
    Rear Bumper Mesh
    Lens Covers
    Emblems

Wheels

Advan RG I 16×7 +45 in Gold
    Advan Neova AD07 205-45-16
    Advan Lug Nuts

Interior

Mugen S1 Seats
    Mugen Shift Knob
    OEM 2+2 Rear Seats
    Optional Glass Top Cover
    Honda Access Floor Mats & Trunk Mat
    MOMO Steering Wheel

2. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

this car is fast!! so light

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

ive never driven one
    but no airbags and all?

4. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

i love this kind of a makeover, old cars, converted into power crazed drifters..

5. gagan_singh

FWD drifters :D. all this engine needs is a turbo. then it can be really fast in this car.

6. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

but putting a turbo on a V-tec engine is a waste bro

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hahaha, @gagan, i didn't see the engine arrangement too clearly, i would have realised it was a FWD, :D

@rahul, why do say that?

8. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Why do we use the Turbo ? to kick in and give the boost to the engine so that engine car do redline

but in V tec engines even naturally aspirated they can REV higher like 8000 without turbo or supercharger

My friend has a small Civic with Type R engine in it and he has a turbo in it too

I drove it and turbo kicks in at low RPM and then cuts off at the same time cuz engine is capable of sucking that much air automaticaly.
    so for 10% extra boost would u spend 4 Grand on it?

9. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

well...maybe i am not understanding correctly, we use a turbo to stuff more air(oxygen) inside a smaller cylinder, and we get burn more fuel with it to get more power, in a v-tec the engine is normally running at 2 valves per to promote fuel efficiency, and at high rpm(or on demand as is the case with i-VTEC) switches over to a wild cam to make it 4 valves per to get more power(the cam profile is also more aggressive), but even tho the engine management switches over to a power friendly stoichometric afr, it will still be naturally aspirated, a turbov6 can deliver the performance of a v8, but i am positive that a vtec v6 can't...! with your friends civic, the ecu hasn't been programmed for the turbo to respond at high rpm..with proper tuning, i think it will reflect on the high end performance!

10. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I used to think the same bro

check honda NSX / Acura NSX a naturally aspirated Super car with just v6 Vtec honda engine

11. gagan_singh

agree with u, i know that the turbo is not as helpful at higher rpm's compared to lower rpm's in a vtec engine. but for sure it should not cut off or anything like that. normally with a turbo on these engines, after vtec kicks in the car just goes!!! as to spending 4k on a turbo setup for a civic not worth it unless u plan on building the motor. i was gonna spend bout 2-3k on my turbo setup on my old civic sir. i was gonna make 220whp and about 210 torque. in a civic thats alot though.

12. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hmm...the turbo i guess makes sense for an engine whose capacity is unexploited, for an engine which is already performing at its best, its not a good idea to spend that much money and get only a marginal increase in performance..! umm as for the turbo being cut off, it depends on the ecu programming and how conservative it is, the MAF sensor gives varying sensor inputs(voltage) on the basis of how much air is going in the manifold, according to which injector pulse is elongated(more fuel is injected per power cycle), sooner or later because of the turbo the MAF sensor readings will be such that it will be out of operating range of the ecu...a good tuner knows how to extract the maximum performance with the minimum number of mods, i think you did the right thing, its better to invest your time and money where your efforts bear better fruit..!