Honda City or Maruti SX4

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by geet, Dec 15, 2011.

1. geet

geet New Member

Which car would be the best among these two?

2. anks

anks New Member

Maruti and Honda both brands are the best and most popular brands. Most of the people choose to buy cars from these two brands. But while having comparison between SX4 and City then I must say Honda City is best car to have with the luxurious ride.
    If we see the people demand among these two model then SX4 is not so much in demand while Honda City comes in the most favorite car model.
    Even the safety features of Honda City are far better than Maruti SX4.
    So it will be better deal to have Honda City rather than Maruti SX4 with a slight difference in price.

you can see the comparison here Car Comparisons - Maruti Sx4 Zxi At Leather Vs Honda City 15 V Mt Vs Honda City 15 V At | CarKhabri.com

3. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

Hi geet ,
    Both are great cars to drive and own. I would pick the Honda City, but it would be a close call over the SX4. Although both compete with each other in the same category they have completely different personalities. In terms of power both engines are extremely competent with adequate power to drive around in the city and on the highways. The Honda's engine has a slight edge compared to the SX4 in overall efficiency and smoothness. Inspite of a powerful engine the Honda returns a much better fuel mileage. The Honda also holds on to its value better than the SX4.
    Both cars have recently been revised in the markets. The SX4 has got an upgrated interior. In terms of space and seating comfort the SX4 has a slight edge over the Honda City.

But because both these cars are so different to look at it boils down to your personal preference.

4. smith

smith New Member

I don't think that Maruti SX4 has been popular so popular as Honda City. I think in between these two Honda City is best.

5. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

Ya really smith , you are right ........Honda City is best among them .I had already mentioned the best features of her that makes it best among them.

6. johan

johan New Member

Hi geet
    See I would like to go for new Honda City, no doubt both the cars are very good and are giving very strong competition to each other but new Honda City is amazing. I am sharing some of its interesting points here..

2012 Honda City leaves no room of question as Honda has worked aggressively on the facial aspects of the car. New premium chrome 3 slat front grille holds the signature Honda’s emblem. Front bumper has been rendered more sportiness and same is the case with rear bumpers which are given reflectors at the bottom. 10 spoke alloy wheels makes the car look luxurious while drive. The 2012 Honda City also receives Turn indicators on ORVMs (Outside Rear View Mirror). Carnelian Red Pearl and Sparkling Brown Metallic are the two body colors added in the wish list of 2012 Honda City, thus making a total of 6 colors.

Honda City has more power, tourque and mileage as compare to SX4.

7. alcatraz

alcatraz New Member

maruti takes engines made by FIAT and makes some changes and puts in their cars. Thats the downside of maruti.
    And of city is its front bumper. During speed brakes it might hit the bumper. But still city is the best in its class. New 2012 city also has sunroof. :D

8. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

correction buddy...maruti/tata/chevrolet are all manufacturing thier own engines under license from fiat(diesel engines)..i.e the design and technology is owned/patented by fiat power terrain technologies which is the technological arm of fiat, but the assembly/sourcing of the parts is entirely upto the individual companies...they do however have a quota system under which they can't manufacture more than a stipulated number of engines in a given month