HONDA CBR 250R Review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by insane.nick, Nov 21, 2011.

1. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

About the bike :
    After numerous speculations and umpteen anticipations, Honda finally launched its CBR250R, its 250cc sports-tourer. Almost all the specifications and details from the speculations turned out to be correct and the bike hit the Indian two-wheeler’s wish-list pretty soon. Honda, since its inception in the Indian market hasn’t ever been able to shout out to the market with any significant product that has taken the biking scenario by a storm. Although the engine of the Unicorn and even the Dazzler of the present days are known to be very good, Honda could never present a product that was very exciting. With the launch of India’s first affordable 250cc bike, its quite evident that HONDA is aiming big with the CBR250R. Now as soon as the news had hit the market I was kept in a huge state of excitement of its brand name. Now as we got to test our first one, let’s see if it lives up to the expectations from a “CBR”.

Maintenance & Mileage :
    Maintenance issues are yet to originate for this bike, but from its quality of build and items used, maintaining this bike doesn’t seem to be a very difficult dream and it can be done away by most people desiring the CBR250R.
    Approximate Mileage 28-32kmpl

Overall Impression :
    Now, here it is a bigger sibling for those who were impatient with the R15. The CBR250R is an excellent replacement for the R15 riders as this bike gives amazing smoothness and reliability which is comparable to the Yamaha. The CBR has a bigger mill, better tires and advanced Honda technology to give good return to your money. When comparing it to the Ninja (this comparison is not worthy though), the CBR would be more of a practical bike whereas the green devil would be for the extra-ordinary speed enthusiasts who donot love to have a single glitch in between. The CBR 250R is an excellent Value-For-Money bike and does stand well in its place in the Indian Two-wheeler business. As for its touring capabilities, it is an excellent companion for the long highway bum burners, but for extensive Indian Touring it cannot be awarded a successful Sports-tourer tag.
    Pros: Very even power distribution
    Very refined engine
    Wide tires, enhance stability
    C-ABS makes it a very safe bike

Cons: Gear ratios too long for an exciting ride
    Compromised pillion comfort
    Very hard gears
    Less ground clearance

Pricing & Competition :
    City Price
    Delhi Rs.1,68,000 (ABS/ex-showroom)
    Rs.1,43,001 (STD/ex-showroom)

Other bikes in the league:
    Though it is being compared to the Ninja extensively, but the CBR doesn’t stand a comparison to the Kawasaki which is a flawless performer in its class. The CBR is more of a good upgrade from an R15 in terms of power and comfort, however on the technological front, the Yamaha would still be a benchmark.

2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

after a really long time, larger capacity bikes are finding thier way into the indian market, the cbr250 is not a perfect bike by any stretch of imagination for our conditions, but i will say that it's likely to be the pioneer, the real world affordable capacity bike, i think what you will find lagging in the performance segment, it makes up for it in drivability and smoothness, the kwacker being almost a lakh more expensive falls in a different bracket altogether, this is well thought to be an upgrade for the pulsar 220 or the karizma, anyone whose driven any and compares it with this will understand why honda introduced this bike, don't get me wrong, the ninja will forever be a ninja,helped by an extra cylinder, namesake of of its agility and swiftness, but its more focussed on the younger generation, this is perhaps is aimed at the small family man, whose main order of concern will be refinement, smoothness, drivability and power, i am sure that this bike will do well as that segment is unoccupied by any other

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Its a good 250 CC bike but yeah you cannot talk about Ninja here because that has inline twin engine. Where as this one got a single piston. It can be a slightly better then Karizma and pulsars out there but not that great as Ninja's

Lets see how does it do

I am just wandering if they are going to launch the naked bikes
    like CBF250

4. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

lovely looking bike... but I'm still on my restricted licence and have a CBF250 - it has the same power, does 90mpg, it's more practical and is capable of roughly the same speeds... Ok they don't sell them new any more, but Yamaha sell the YBR250 that is basically the same - that would still get my pick over this blatant attempt to steal some Ninja 250 enthusiasts.

5. geet

geet New Member

It will be great if you paste some pics of it. I am thinking to gift a bike to my brother but confused which one will be good?

6. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

ive seen this one yesterday too

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

@geet
    [​IMG]

8. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

no offense to others front is similar to ninja 250 . change the color can misjudge it :D