HID Xenon Kit Installation - DIY job

Discussion in 'DIY Zone - The Techincal Era' started by Codename.47, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

http://www.cartalk.in/f18/what-is-hid-51/

Please refer to the thread above if your unaware of the Term HID .

A typical HID kit looks like this:

[​IMG]

It consists of :
    1 x HID globe
    1 x Ballasts

In order to install these lights make sure you first Remove the OLD globe and then put this HID globe into the Reflector/Projector your willing to.

The modern HID Xenon lights now come with the JACK which is plug and play. Just remove the jack from the old globe and put that into the HID ones and it works.

In Case it doesn't work , you now need to remove the pinouts from the JACK and test manually as some cars Wiring of the H4 globes is different. (negative and positive)

For Halogen globes it doesn't matter where you have negative and positive but for HID it does matter . It won't work with wrong negative and positive values.

In the Picture above those 2 pins (where it says plug into the original terminal) for Holdens and Mitsubishi cars work on the Right side terminal

The Male connector looks like this that is put into the CAR'S Factory jack.

[​IMG]

After the lights are working perfect make sure you tie up the wires neatly and do no leave the blasters hanging.

You can easily attach them to the body using the metal jacks that you get with them.

If you have anything to add please free to add/edit

thanks

2. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

did 4 of these installations on my cars and on uncles VW passat 2.0t. this thing is fast lol haha

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I did one last night too

I did on my skyline , my ford , my mate's magna , my mate's holden commodore Acclaim and holden berlina .

this weekend I have to do 4 installations on
    2x Holden commodore, 2 x Mitsubishi magna ,

4. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

haha have fun. hate having to mount the ballast cause it gets hard to find a good spot.

5. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

lets hope you're charging them for the work so we can soon see you owning a R34 :D

6. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

ahha nah man not for mates :)

ab ap kuch kahoge to mai manah karunga? and If i ask you something would u ask money from me?