Hello everybody...

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by Jagadish_TA, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Jagadish_TA

Jagadish_TA New Member

Hi All,

Greetings. I'm a newbie :) to car-talk.

Planning to purchase a car in the next couple of weeks..:) max.. by 15th Mar'12

Looking forward to the forum members valuable suggestions... as I found on the forums already...:)

Nice to see interesting , precise information on the forums.

My choice is btwn (a) 2nd hand Verna diesel or (b) Ritz LDI

If any users have a good, well maintained Verna, pls let me know /reply to this .. Thnx.

Jagadish TA

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  2. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

Welcome dude. New verna is gud. ,,,y dont u try new swift dezire.its also gud. Will post its review and road test soon,,

3. Jagadish_TA

Jagadish_TA New Member

Thank you Sir.

I chose the above 2 as Verna has a good engine ( & additional bootspace) and Ritz is a small car which is practical for a small family
    Also was suggested by a family friend that :

For any good 2nd hand car spending between 3 & 3.5l is worth going for (can stretch to 4 for Verna), However for a new car 6+ is fine ( & this is my budget aswell 5.5 to 6).

a) Can I go for the new Swift Dezire within 6.5 ( I'm fine with an LDI version).
    b) Any idea on the on-road price for the Swift Dezire ( diesel ) base model in Bangalore
    c) What would be the waiting period for this new Dezire
    as I can get a Ritz by mid-Mar, if I book in the next week or so.. Thnx.

4. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

Yea ders a big problem in getting swift dezire. Have to wait long and long. One of my friend waited for almost 7-8 months. And the cost goes to 7 lac including registration and insurance. And ritz also gud choice as if u want to sell den gud market value. If u planing new car den ritz is gud. And for second hand verna is great. But i suggest go for new one. Ritz is gud. And buy it asap and post review. Lol.

5. Jagadish_TA

Jagadish_TA New Member

Dear Sir.. Thank you very much for the info.

Also my instincts are pushing me towards Ritz... Let see.. Keeping fingers crossed (by the D date, never know what comes to my plate.. :)

I've planned to book by 16th Feb .. This is as much as I can drag, as I've been trying to get one since 6-7 months.. and finally I'd decided, that I cannot delay any further :).. ( not beyond this month)

Also.. this is my first car.. hence was thinking of going for a pre-owned car.

Looking forward to more inputs.... like pre-booking checklist, pre & post delivery checks.. I had seen another site... however was not able to get the same URL since.\

6. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

i'd back the ritz...especially since diesel cars are expensive to repair and concealed problems can land you in quite a bit of a spot...so go for a new one, if however you can find a verna is good condition and have somebody to vouch for it, then i don't forsee a problem, welcome to cartalk J

7. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Welcome to the forum :)
    nice to see some healthy discussion

I am sure you will get a best opinion from people here :)

enjoy your day and have a good one

8. Jagadish_TA

Jagadish_TA New Member

Thank you very much to 'both' of you.

Update for today.. -
    Happened to speak to a Hyundai salesman.. ( got in touch with this guy y'day, as my colleagues had booked for a Eon test drive)..

This guy was pushing me for a new i20.

Can i20 & Ritz be compared on par? He said.. (a) @ 7+ I can get a basic model - D version as Ritz is now 6.5 (b) i20 doesn't have any problems and hyundai spares are 5 -10% higher than Maruti (c) bigger boot space.

Haven't changed my mind yet on Ritz ( & may be will not.. till I buy one :0) )

Just checking on your opinions. Thx.
    (Didn't find any thread on i20 .. tried searching forums)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  9. amanrawal

amanrawal New Member

Hyundai Verna is most popular sedan of Hyundai Motors. The Verna come in a beauty look, superior design, wonderful in performance, attractive colors, comfort features, luxurious fittings, and the smooth driving. overall i can say that it is value for money car. if u want to more information so follow this url - http://www.carkhabri.com/carmodels/hyundai/hyundai-verna

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012