gull wing door?

Discussion in 'Parts Information' started by eather, Oct 13, 2011.

1. eather

eather New Member

any one can help about installation of gull wing door near by delhi? wot will b the process and how much it cost to me?

2. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

on which car?

i think dhawwal might be able to help you with that.

3. eather

eather New Member

for a i10 and honda city.

4. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hmm, you can get gullwings for any car but engineering them to fit your car that too in india will be a bit of an issue, you will need to rely on improvisation and a lot of hard work to make it function properly, don't get me wrong..if you have your heart set on it and you're willing to put in the effort and time to do it, and you need to be mechanically inclined for this sorta thing..by all means, do it..because nothing can make your car stand out more..
    Your Options:
    the gullwing
    [​IMG]

what i would recommend is that you go in for scissor doors

[​IMG]

these will be easier to fit and require less effort as far as fabrication is concerned..procuring parts will be easier too as i've seen a couple of cars with the same arrangement,

in delhi..you can head to Mr. Phil Mathias @ Speedsport, he's based in chatterpur and i can vouch for his quality of workmanship, there's also autopsyche(can't say what they quality of work is like considering i've never dealt with them first hand), please stay away from Hyperformance Motorsports owned by Mr. Nivit Bhasin aka 'fleeceman', or you can also head to Mr. Tutu Dhawan, he's based in Defence Colony if I'm not mistaken.

From what I know, the Mechanism costs around 27k another 5k fitting- finishing, however, be fore-warned, this type of an arrangement does cause issues, such as door rattle, and improper seating of the door beading can allow some weather in..however, if you select a good combination of the fabricator and parts, none of these problems will surface..hope this answers your question

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

get a lambo doors instead much cheaper

6. eather

eather New Member

wot a info. great.

7. eather

eather New Member

anyone tell me about lambo door too plz? what kind of they, installation, cost, any using exp. of them, relibility etc.
    thanx in advance.