Fiat Linea 2013

Discussion in 'Indian Automotive Scene' started by Dhillon, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

Fiat Linea 2013 is looking to embark on a new journey and is expected to step into a new generation with the upcoming model. Recent photos of the new Fiat Linea sedan in a European magazine showed the car in a renewed look. The upcoming Fiat Linea 2013 will make its appearance at the Detroit Auto Show in U.S.A. in January 2012.

With the respect to the exterior looks the car still looks the same compared to its previous version in terms of the side profile. On the front fascia however the car has been completely changed. The front bumper, headlamps, chrome grille, bonnet, fog lamps, all provide a unique overall appearance to the car. The car is also expected to adorn a more compact look and advanced front look carried in style with new alloy wheel. The front windshields are worth their weight and seemingly delve in to the roof of the car. It directly competes with Volkswagen Vento and Nissan Sunny in Indian market.

The side profile the car looks quite polished and give an aero effect along with slanting front. The centre of gravity is quite low and hence this shows in the improved suspension quotient. The car has spacious interiors and with a large boot space you are in for a long long drive with your family.
    The car is expected to be run by a 1.4-litre Multi-Air Engine which powers up to 169 hp and delivers a torque of 250 Nm. The engines in spite of the high power are equally efficient with low fuel economy and low carbon emissions.The car still seems to retain all the winning ingredients of the previous versions while making sure the new additions takes its position to new highs.

Attached Files:

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

looks more like peugeot 508

3. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

i don't think changing models is something that can overturn fiats fortunes, thier cars are not doing well besides being well priced, the reason is that the fit and finish of the cars is poor...so are the interiors, the plastic quality is left wanting and most of all, i recently heard that they are experiencing problems with their engines..the funny thing is that this powerplant is licensed by fiat powertrain tech(FPT) and is currently being used by over a half dozen cars that are being sold in the market, and they are doing well(swift/dzire/indica quadra)..and somehow they are facing issues with the build quality of their own engines, so basically they can tell people how to make their engines but they can't make it themselves

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

same company makes parts for different cars? how come they arent doing well for italian giant?

5. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

i think you misunderstood..the engine is the same..ie engine design is the same and is licensed by fiat powertrain technologies, the other companies manufacture that engine under license(they pay royalty to FPT for each engine they manufacture)..however each company has their own engine parts vendors, i guess they chose the wrong vendors which is possibly why they are experiencing reliability issues

6. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

how bad does that sound man!!
    dont expect something like that from them man :(

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

quality control is important bud..i hope they've learnt their lesson..

8. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

this = end of an era (could be)