Exhaust upgrade for Skyline

Discussion in 'DIY Zone - The Techincal Era' started by Codename.47, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Initially, Skyline was fully stock. The factory exhaust was not good enough. I had to order the exhaust for it. I found bit used Skyline R33's Exhaust on ebay.

It was HKS Super Dragger Exhaust system
    3" Cat back exhaust. Decat is not allowed in Australia , so I kept it under the regulations and street legal.

My exhaust when it arrived I painted the pipe with high temp paint just to make it look nice:

[​IMG]

One of my mate at this garage let me use his tools to life the car up so that I can work on it.
    I couldn't find the seals exactly for the same to join the muffler to the pipe so I used this thing called : Seal Cement and it is working perfect with no leaks at all.

Once I finshed working I was able to take a photo with my phone's camera, not the best but does the job:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

3. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

your phone camera is clearer then my point and shoot.

by the way why is decat not allowed in Australia?

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

They want cleaner environment that is the only reason, if you decat the exhaust gases might have some lead in it and Aussies are already prone to many skin diseases

5. *kinnu*

*kinnu* New Member

thanks veere :clap

6. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

in canada you have to have a cat and res. car was letting out a lot of dirty smoke there something wrong.

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

@ rahul, why don't you get measured exhaust headers installed?, not only will it sound better, but i bet it'll increase the performance too..or are they illegal as well, i shouldn't think so, because it doesent affect the installation of the cataylitic converter..!

8. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

oh.. do you mean exhaust system from the head to the cat convertor?
    it works out to be too expensive

[​IMG]