Engine Vibrations

Discussion in 'General Maintenance' started by Codename.47, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Just to know about this thing

when engine vibrates a lot in brand new car how can it be fixed.

Adding strut bars in the bay would help right?

2. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

car comes with shit engine mounts lol, add a engine damper, and strut bar might help but it is meant for car stability not to much for the engine.

3. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

fully endorse what gagan is saying....however, no matter how hard an engine vibrates, it should not intrude into the cabin(barring diesel engines whose vibrations are known to cause small quakes :p),especially at idle, pronounced engine vibrations can also be indicative of timing faults(not so in the case of distributor less ignition), so if that is the case do not hesitate to get it checked, improperly matched spark plugs(which has larger clearances between the spark plugs) can also cause this condition..!

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

this is one of the faults I read upon etios review

5. joyanu

joyanu New Member

hai dear

Engine has more vibrations than I would expect.I have replaced all engine mounts-that helped to some extend of course,but didn't fixed the issue completely.I have try many other non Infiniti cars(test drive)at same age(10y)and mileage(120k)-non of them have that much noticeable vibration at 1000-2000rpm.I can feel those vibration in the steering wheel,seat,etc.Engine has full tune-up: sp. plugs,dist.cap,etc.,no vacuum leaks,cleaned injectors.What's wrong with that engine?Will it last

6. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

do you feel the vibrations in gear or otherwise?

7. banadictaustin

banadictaustin New Member

In many vehicles a common cause of engine vibration by a component rotating the same speed as the engine's crankshaft, and when this occurs, it is commonly referred or vacuum hose can cause quite a bit of violent shaking and vibration in your car's engine.

8. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Vaccum hose if leaking vaccum will cause unstable combustion in the engine because of faulty AFM (air fuel mixture ) readings and thats why . If you see the revs it will be fluctuating
    Mostly seen in the sports cars ( turbo charged/supercharged)

9. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

vaccum hose disconnection or puncture causes idle hunt or surge, engine vibrations felt within the cabin are a function of engine mounts, so if you are feeling excessive vibrations, probably your engine mounts have gone hard or are broken..either way they need to be changed

10. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

my old engines mount were broken

11. deionjoe

deionjoe New Member

The most overlooked source of vibration are the tires themselves. Tire balance is detrimental to not only tire wear and drivability, but also comfort. A tire that is even slightly off balance will cause a vibration felt all the way to the steering wheel.

12. Oliversmith

Oliversmith New Member

In general, Engine vibration may be caused due to faulty sparkplugs. Vibration causes can also be due to disconnected hoses. It is also a sign that your motor mount is broken damaged. In some cases, if the fuel intake system is not adjusted properly, engine shaking can happen.

13. aa3

aa3 Super Moderator

Another thing is the ecu problem. Anyways, wish you good luck!

Drive Safe,
    aa3.