Do you call it Misfires ?

Discussion in 'General Maintenance' started by Codename.47, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

2. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

Dekhi kite gear na pa dami, mere truck ne chand toon pikup nai karna tuhanu,,,lol

3. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

car is running rich like crazy!! could be misfire or in my case it was upgraded injectors and the car wasn't tuned for them. you could also maybe have a sticky fuel injector.

the person who tuned my car when it was running like this told me not to drive it, said wasn't safe or good for the engine.

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

thanks gagan

but isnt that black smoke of unburnt fuel particles?

not sure what to do
    what do u reckon?

should i take it for a service and then get everything checked?

FYI - Reving over 5000 RPM

5. gagan_singh

ya it is unburnt fuel, when the air fuel ratio is off then this happens. i knew on mine it was a fuel injector cause one of the exhuast ports was shooting out fuel lol. go get it serviced.

does it even at idle have black smoke, or only when reving really high.

6. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

only when its reving high only then it does that

normally nah

injectors nu kida clean karwa sakde ?

7. gagan_singh

to get them cleaned its called flow testing. they take them out and clean them completely. about $10-15 each injector. but i think ur problem is misfire cause its only at high rpm. check ur maf, the grounds might be bad, this is commonly the issue for 240's basically the same thing for RB's. also the fuel pressure regulator could cause this.

one thing that would help is to know whether all the cylinders are running rich or is it just certain ones. if u can take out the spark plugs and clean them, put them back. drive about 5 mins then check them if there black or not. whichever ones are black are the cylinders that are running rich. this will tell u if its a injector problem or something like a mass air flow sensor problem.

8. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

NO MAF sensors connected dude

9. gagan_singh

oh lol. then u jus gotta find out if all the cylinders are running rich or jus a particular one thats causing all this.

10. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I never opened the sparkplugs on RB I always get it done from mechanic

well I raced on saturday with these stupid people in Golf R32 and Falcon G6 Turbo

they were so annoying man,

2 times i let them go and third time we came on three different lanes and on red light

at green light first and second thats it .. am done.

they didnt came after that

11. gagan_singh

lol u taught them a lesson!! i do the same thing, 1st then second.

12. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

the car was pulling side ways cuz the wheels are like that stanced a bit

this one doesn't stick to road.. always fishtails

and sounds quiet loud

13. gagan_singh

everything u said there is a good thing for me. easy to drift, people know when im coming. lol

14. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

ahhahah

nah i dnt normally drift man
    cuz its hell lota scary .. u know what am talking abt :p

15. gagan_singh

lol first time was like imma die!! ahahah after that its jus a major blood rush. i jus do donuts once in a while but with these new rims and tires i think im going to wait for a while lol.

16. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hehehe...man many people pay for having flamethrowers you know, you got a car thats already equipped with them :p, anyways, i agree with gagan totally, but it can also mean that your timing advance is off, this kind of misfire the kind which end up in your exhaust means that the charge is either too lean(which is an indicator of injector being clogged) or its getting ignited when the exhaust valve is still open..which is an indicator of timing advance being off, your maf should be in the right range considering that the haltech auto tunes by volumetric efficiency, so i guess the problem should be elsewhere, also if you feel the car's engine bay is too warm(compared to the last skyline you owned) you def have a timing issue(too advanced) the temperature will show a normal reading but you can tell if the bay is too warm..another thing i wanted to know was trying using extra premium or 97 octane for a tank and see if it stops misfiring, if it does..it'll confirm that its a timing issue

17. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

thanks for the reply bhai

I am using Shell V power 98 octance from the start for all my sports cars I had

This car does get bit hotter than the older one. I always consider it becauses its front mount and other stuff it got.

Do i need to get the timing belt check ? it has been replaced abt 20 k before

18. stay tuned

stay tuned New Member

It looks like an air leak in the MAF system(aka boost leak) leak of some kind. Do you have a boost pressure tester? if not i highly recommend making one if you own a turbo car.

http://www.photosite.co.za/uploads/737Boost Leak Tester.jpg

even if this isn't your problems most people find the little leaks and make some power

be sure to disconnect and bolot off your PCV system to keep from pressurizing all your oil seals.

19. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Thanks mate
    This is now fixed
    however it still does fires a lot because its running 14 psi boost and am not going to lower the boost as the ECU (haltech) is tuned to 14psi . It has been dyno tuned
    No boost leak on the car , it was more sorta pain in the head due to clogged throttle body and intake manifold.
    thanks for the reply

20. stay tuned

stay tuned New Member

Oh yeah that will do it. Haltech, good choice btw! not alot of tuner support for them in the states with the popularity of the AEM systems....yet another reason to move to Australia !