chevy beat with diesel engine launched in india

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by singh-a-lion, Jul 12, 2011.

1. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

[​IMG]

General Motors had launched the launched in January 2010 and since then the company has promised the diesel version of the Beat, and now after a year and half the company is all ready to launch the oil burner version of the Beat.
    Highlights:
    -The Chevrolet Beat gets a 936cc diesel engine which produces 58.5bhp of power.
    -This engine has been derived from the Fiat's 1.3-litre multijet engine.
    -ARAI claims a mileage of 24kmpl.
    -The changes on the Beat diesel apart from the engine include the new electric power steering, full-size USB port and ofcourse the VCDi badge at the rear. Apart from this, the rest of the kit remains identical.
    -Chevrolet is offering a 3 years/1,00,000kms warranty.

Watch out this space for the entire first drive.
    GUDTHINGS-- Design and styling, NVH, Drivability, Fuel efficiency, Warranty
    BADTHINGS-- Rear seat space

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

yeah not bad for indian market

3. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

the price tag will determine a lot of things, wether it will 'beat' the indica?? on its home turf, the indica is much bigger but this i bet is more refined, the rest i think will reflect in the bookings

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

indica is indian as well. parts cheaper

5. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

yep...it will be a tussle

6. singh-a-lion

indica is dumb!!

7. singh-a-lion

Although pricing of the Beat, which will make or break Chevrolet’s game, is yet to be announced, the fact that the company is already touting it as the cheapest diesel hatchback sold in India hints at a competitive pricing. Nevertheless we will have to wait until Chevrolet announces prices to see how cheap the car really will be.
    As for the car itself, it’s a good package with its offer of a trendy and youthful image, decent driveability and high fuel efficiency. To further sweeten the deal, Chevy has made it known that the car will get the same 3 years/1,00,000km warranty that is currently applicable on the petrol Beat, which will further endear the diesel version of the Beat to prospective buyers.

8. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

nah nah man that car is nice i really like indica :p not that i get commission hahha.
    am not a big fan of diesel engine cars from american company who doesnt really care abt petrol. plus this is going to be underpowered game 900 CC diesel engine compared to 1300+ diesel in indica.

9. singh-a-lion

yea but in india now days pertol is like 72 rs and diesel is 40 soo ppl prefer diesel cars more,
    as tata indica ev2 omg wen dey launched in india!! its like 7 cars on road out of 10
    soo avrage and gud build up quality is matter these days,, ppl fedup from build up quality of tata,,
    but vista is gud option!!

10. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

@rahul,

i am confident this engine won't be underpowered, its powered by the same variant of the DDiS diesel multijet Fiat that is doing duty in about seven or eight models currently in the market...and if i am not mistaken, this one is probably turbocharged, the only thing i am worried about is the three cylinder arrangment, that could translate into some engine vibrations as a four cylinder arrangement is harmonically perfect

11. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

hmm thats okay then but 3 cylinders as u said.. its not that great i guess
    .how abt fiat 500

12. Deepak Raj

Deepak Raj New Member

Chevrolet is really making this a Diwali to remember with this exchange bonus of Rs.10000 on every new Chevrolet Beat………
    For more details check out the link: campaign-beat2