Can an Evo beat a Skyline ? (Stock)

Discussion in 'Basic Guides' started by Codename.47, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7

2.0 Litre 4 cylinder turbo charged all wheel drive car

Nissan skyline R33/R34

2.5 Litre 6 cylinder turbo charged , Rear wheel drive

Both have manual transmission and both are stock

In a simple drag race which one will be more quicker then the other?

2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

in a simple drag..the skyline should be able to outrun the evo..however on a twisty track the evo should win hands down..can we get some figures on those cars..max power, max torque at what rev range?

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Ya sure :

Skyline R33 Comes with normal RB engine and R34 comes with NEO engine
    RB25DET - twin-cam TURBO (T3 Turbo) (245 to 250 hp and 319 N·m)

NEO RB25DET - twin-cam TURBO (206 kW (280 PS) @ 6400 rpm, 362 N·m (37.0 kgf·m) @ 3200 rpm)

Lancer Evo 7

All aluminum construction. Transversally mounted.
    In-line 4 cylinders model 4G63 Turbo. Bore: 85mm Stroke: 88mm, 1997 cm3 , water cooled. Compression ratio: 8.8
    Maximum output: 280PS @ 6500rpm, maximum torque: 39Kg/m @ 3500rpm. ECI-Multi fuel injection system. Water cooled, modified IHI turbocharger type TD05HR 16G6 9.8T (inconel turbine wheel on the GSR/RS-2) or TD05HRA 16G6 9.8T (titanium turbine wheel on the Evolution VII RS). Maximum boost pressure: 0.8 bar. 4 nozzle water spray on intercooler.

4. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hmm...the numbers are close..but i'd still vouch for the skyline in a drag, a four wheel drive car has trouble getting off line..unless you're a pro

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

thats what happened yesterday , you know my friend harry his mate sold his BMW and bought an Evo 7 and since his license was suspended he let harry drive and he asked him to accelarate to test it. and on the way they raced against a skyline manual but that guy lost. Harry said he couldn't belive it .
    I have personally beaten EVos and WRX and I can always smoke most of the cars on the road anytime IF I have my skyline with me.
    Probably that guy didn't do a good shifting
    Imagine a skyline 1st gear 60 and 2nd gear 110 . Will it let anyone pass by? I dnt think so

6. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hmmm...quite a lot is dependant on gearing also and not only on the power figures, besides, the skyline should be faster because of its larger engine/smaller turbo..the evo goes like stink when in the right rev range..but turbo lag is huge, also the skyline benefits from its inline six cylinder configuration

7. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

yeah thats an advantage