Discussion in 'Basic Guides' started by Dhillon, Apr 26, 2011.
Please provide some basic tips and other things to consider when buying a used car in India.
Timing belt changed?
if you look out for the right things, you can ascertain all of the things that rahul has rightly mentioned,
1. in the engine bay, look for pronounced oil leaks on the head/near the oil filter, indicates seal failure,
2. underneath the car, look for new suspension components, if too many of them seem new as compared to the rest of the car, walk away..this cars been in a massive accident.
3. while driving, check for vague steering(it seems like the steering is indirect), because if it feels that way, it has had a frontal impact of some kind, check from unusual queaks from the engine or the fuel pump
4. engine roughness at high rpm means that this engine has'nt had a good life
5. if its been repainted, the gleam off the paint will be discontinous
6. bottoming out on small bumps indicates suspension damage
7. if you can't stop while stomping on the brakes...well thats quite self explainatory
They are the good points to be noted thanks brother
Before buying a used car it is important to consider some points so that you find no difficulty before buying.
1. Survey the market
2. Fix your budget
3. Test driving a used car
4. Negotiating the deal
5. Closing the deal
If you are going to buy a new car
-- Find the True Market Value[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] of a car online.
--[/FONT]Eliminate extra charges in the Finance and Insurance (F&I) office
Before buying a used car we should care about mileage, brand, engine capacity, Color, model date, version etc.
You need to verify many things before buying used cars. Read some tips here used car buying guide.
Separate names with a comma.